Allegro Castoro
PolliceSu

• W questo FORUM!!!
    • Mostra profilo
PolliceSu
    Subscriptio to Topolino from abroad
    Venerdì 3 Giu 2005, 01:28:55
    Help.

I want to subscribe to Topolino, but I live in Portugal. I can't write or talk (fluent) Italian (but I can read it, at least at "Topolino level"). I understand that the regular Disney site will not be able to accept my subscription, since they only accept subscriptions to Italy.

Does anyone know how can I get a subscription? Or at least get the contact - by mail or fax - of someone who would be able to accept the subscription request - and understood enough english so I could be understood?

Thanks in advance,

P.

Gorthan
    Diabolico Vendicatore
    PolliceSu

• "Sapessi che dolore l'esistenza..."
      • Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu
      Re: Subscriptio to Topolino from abroad
      Risposta #1: Venerdì 3 Giu 2005, 10:39:34
      The phone number of subscriptions service is +39 199 190019 and the fax number is +39 02 29085190, but I don't know if Topolino could be subscribed from other countries.

There is also a distribution in foreigns countries made by Johnson International News Italia SpA (tel. +39 02 43982263 fax +39 02 43916430). I don't know if these numbers may help you but I hope so.

Good luck!  ;)

Io -se è ancora libero- mi farei Luciano Gatto. New_AMZ

Risposta #2: Venerdì 3 Giu 2005, 11:01:05
        Help.

I want to subscribe to Topolino, but I live in Portugal. I can't write or talk (fluent) Italian (but I can read it, at least at "Topolino level"). I understand that the regular Disney site will not be able to accept my subscription, since they only accept subscriptions to Italy.

Does anyone know how can I get a subscription? Or at least get the contact - by mail or fax - of someone who would be able to accept the subscription request - and understood enough english so I could be understood?

Thanks in advance,

P.

Hi.

First I apologize to you for my bad english.

You can read this link (in italian):
        http://www.abbonamentionline.com/abbonamenti/informazioni.asp?mscssid=6BDLN1P7L7SS8HQW0A7UEVTEWXQTBVE1

or this one (in english):
        http://www.abbonamentionline.com/abbonamenti/estero/est-ing-informazioni.asp

(it's the internet site of Mondadori's subscription service).

From Portugal you can also phone at 00390392020350 (from Monday to Thursday), or fax at 00390229085190, or mail to abbonamentidisney@mondadori.it

Maybe they don't speak portuguese, but probably someone speaks english.

I hope you have a good luck and a good reading too!

Puoi seguire il percorso delle tue banconote su www.eurobilltracker.eu

Risposta #3: Mercoledì 29 Giu 2005, 12:03:56
          Dear Patinhas

another way could be to try and find, which company in Portugal distributes Italian newspapers and magazines and then order Topolino from their outlet that is closest to you. From then on you could buy it regularly from them.

That is what I do here in Istanbul (Turkey)

Adnan

eelkat
          Bassotto
          PolliceSu

• W questo FORUM!!!
            • Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu
            Risposta #4: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 12:41:34
            can you subcribe from America?

Risposta #5: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 12:45:35
              Have you tried to contact Topolino directly and ask them?

eelkat
              Bassotto
              PolliceSu

• W questo FORUM!!!
                • Mostra profilo
              PolliceSu
                Risposta #6: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 12:51:20
                nope, I'm only just starting to collect internationally, I've got all but the hardest to find issues of the American titles (Uncle Scrooge, Uncle Scrooge Adventures, Donald Duck, Donald Duck Adventures, DuckTales, etc.), I've been collecting for 27 years now, but have only just started getting issues from other contries...my goal is to eventually have one of each issue to ever have Uncle Scrooge in it (an estimate of 500,000 issues world wide). I got sent to this site by INDUCKS

Risposta #7: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 13:03:14
                  Well you are new in this field then, I have been collecting since I was 4 years old, 42 years ago.

I think you should first of all try the links on giulcenc's post dated 3rd June 2005 and then follow the advice in my post dated 29th June 2005. Apart from that you should follow ebay (the Italian section), because most of the issues you are looking for are collectors' items. Definitely all those that contain Carl Barks stories.

eelkat
                  Bassotto
                  PolliceSu

• W questo FORUM!!!
                    • Mostra profilo
                  PolliceSu
                    Risposta #8: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 13:16:16
                    thanks..I'll do that.

I've already been buying back issues off eBay. eBay has been a blessing :)...in the past 3 months, I've added nearly 800 issues from Canada, France, Germany, Italy, UK, and Australia, and will be adding more from these and other countries too, as I find them.

I'm a massive collector of Uncle Scrooge, and huge fan of Don Rosa. Everything in my house is Uncle Scrooge, Darkwing Duck, Donald Duck, or Ludwig Van Drake. It's hard to find collectors here in America, comic books are looked at as "kids stuff".

Risposta #9: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 13:26:04
                      Well the USA is so big that even if percentage wise there are less collectors, there still should be plenty of them around and it should not be too difficult to find them, seeing that we are in the age of internet.

eelkat
                      Bassotto
                      PolliceSu

• W questo FORUM!!!
                        • Mostra profilo
                      PolliceSu
                        Risposta #10: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 14:09:59
                        In America, superhero comics are what people collect, the comic book stores don't sell the Disney comics anymore, they haven't since the 1980's, you can only get them from the publishers, or a few internet dealers now, and even than there are less than 5,000 subscribers, and of them only are handful are actual collectors, most people aren't even aware that Disney comics are still being made, and even fewer realize that they are such a big thing in Europe...it shocks most people when the find out that some titles, like Topolino, are so popular that they are weeklies, around here comics are quarterlies (4 issues a year) or bi-annuals (6 issues a year).  The Disney titles (Walt Disney Comics and Stories, Uncle Scrooge, and Donald Duck Adventures) are among the rare few comic books that are still being made as monthlies.

Of the little over a million people that live in Maine (my state), I am one of 4 known Uncle Scrooge collectors. He's actually not to highly looked on. Very few people even remember who he is, and most of them only remember him from the DuckTales TV series and are unaware that the show was based on a comic book.

I come from a comic book family, my dad collected comics, and his mom collected comics before him....my collection was started with their collections, which date back to the early 1930's to the 1970's. I was given my first Uncle Scrooge comic (The Dragon's Amulet) when I was 3 years old. I learned to read useing Uncle Scrooge comics, he became my hero, and I've collected every Scrooge related item I could find ever since---everything from comics to toys and everything in between. The stuff is really hard to find, cause Scrooge is considered to be such a rare character used very rarly by Disney.

That's why I've moved on to international collecting now, because not only are there tons of comics we never see in America, there are items like watches, and figurines, and games and such things that have never even been made over here. It's amazing the differance in the way people see Scrooge.

Even on the internet it's been next to impossible to find other fans and collectors...they are very few and far between.

Risposta #11: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 14:38:56
                          How Disney comics have just died out in the USA, where they were born and had such a magnificent age, while they developed big time in Italy and also in France, has always amazed me.

I was in the USA in 1969-70 when still a child and at that time you could still find monthly Disney comics in the drugstores. Comics by Barks, Murry, Strobl. I consider myself lucky to have had my childhood during years when those great masters were still alive and what is more were still creating.

Alle
                          Visir di Papatoa
                          Moderatore
                          PolliceSu

• Proud to be buiaccaro!
                            • Mostra profilo
                          PolliceSu
                            Risposta #12: Mercoledì 14 Set 2005, 15:43:10
                            This is the right thread for me...  ;D
                            Hi eelkat; I am an Usa Disney comics collector... and I'm italian!!
                            I buy Uncle $crooge and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories every month at two comic shops here in Roma, and even special issues like Vacation Parade, Christmas Parade and so on; for this reason I'm a moderator of this forum in "Le pubblicazioni straniere" section (Foreign publications), where I post indexes of all american Disney comics I buy every month. It's strange I have (almost) no problems buying them, while you have lots of difficult to find them. I'm giving you my e-mail by private message (at the upper left side of the main page of the forum, near your name, you'll see "Hai 1 messaggio"), and I'll be glad to have news from you and to give news to you.
                            Ciao - Alessandro
                            "Something not in the Guidebook? Impossible!"
                            "I never thought it would be happen in our lifetime!"
                            "... I feel faint ..."
                            HDL in D 2003-081

"I don't want to survive, I wanna

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                            In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                            Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)