Pacuvio
Imperatore della Calidornia
Moderatore
PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
PolliceSu
    Re: Don Rosa
    Risposta #1455: Giovedì 6 Ago 2009, 23:34:25
    Che scarso che sono... guardando le differenza fra la mia domanda in inglese e quella aggiustata da Paperinika ( ;) ), mi rendo conto che il mio dialogo era paragonabile al mitico "Noio vulevan savuar" di Totò, Peppino e la Malafemmina... :P

« Ultima modifica: Giovedì 6 Ago 2009, 23:37:14 da pacuvio »

Don Rosa
    Gran Mogol
    PolliceSu

• Novellino
      • Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu
      Risposta #1456: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:13:29
      Paperikika:
      >>>>>@ Don Rosa: maybe this can be helpful... if you have to quote a post, you can use the "Citazione" icon in the right corner;

I tried that once, but it repeats the entire message rather than just the line I want, so I then need to delete portions. It's easier to just copy & paste the words I want. But then, maybe I don't know how to do it properly?

But here's my question: why does it say "Bassotto" under my name? I didn't pick such a name or title when I joined... at least I didn't do it on purpose, but then I probably was only guessing at how to get into this forum fulla' Italian instructions.
      My 1961 Mondadori Italian-English dictionary tells me it means both Basset Hound and Dachshund (which is odd since those are two totally different types of dogs). But coincidentally, Basset Hounds are my favorite... I've always had at least 3 of them for the past 30 years.

feidhelm
      Flagello dei mari
      PolliceSu

• Fizz! Snarl!
        • Mostra profilo
      PolliceSu
        Risposta #1457: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:17:59
        Thank to Frank and Don for their kind answers :)
        I suspected that Gottfredson was no longer known in America during Don Rosa's childhood, and unfortunately I was right :(

from the moment I was born the house was filled with stacks of comics... my sister had a closet full! So I was looking at (if not reading) these comics literally since birth... and my favorites were always the $crooge & Donald stories by that "good artist" (though I must admit that I also loved the Little Lulu stories written by John Stanley). So... $crooge & Donald were as ALIVE to me as my parents or sister were!

My comic-fan story is almost the same, with a little difference...
        My father collected a large amount of comics, expecially Disney ones, so since I was born I had in my hands comics of all the american and italian authors. And I grew up thinking that ducks and mice were as alive and real as the other persons I know... real in their having a house, work problems, love feelings... and also in their being, definitely, ducks and mice ;)

In memoria di chi ci ha "cucinato" tante storie memorabili...

NuttyIsa
        Cugino di Alf
        PolliceSu

• Scrooge's lover
          • Mostra profilo
        PolliceSu
          Risposta #1458: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:23:39
          Ok, I want to take advantage of your presence here, so I'd like to ask you a question :D

I'm interested in this job, being a cartoonist, I'd like to know: how do you work? I mean, what tools do you use? (I know this seems a banal question) or how do you like to work? How long does it take to you to draw one comic page (maybe with a lot of details)? I'm very curious :)

-Sex Drugs & Duck'n'Tales-

feidhelm
          Flagello dei mari
          PolliceSu

• Fizz! Snarl!
            • Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu
            Risposta #1459: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:27:46
            But here's my question: why does it say "Bassotto" under my name? I didn't pick such a name or title when I joined... at least I didn't do it on purpose, but then I probably was only guessing at how to get into this forum fulla' Italian instructions.
            My 1961 Mondadori Italian-English dictionary tells me it means both Basset Hound and Dachshund (which is odd since those are two totally different types of dogs). But coincidentally, Basset Hounds are my favorite... I've always had at least 3 of them for the past 30 years.

Bassotto is the italian translation for Beagle Boy.
            The forum automatically assigns a name of a Disney character to all users, depending on the numbers of posts. For example, I am Pico de Paperis (Ludwig von Drake) because I wrote more than 1300 messages :)

In memoria di chi ci ha "cucinato" tante storie memorabili...

Paperinika
            Moderatore
            PolliceSu   (1)

• Mostra profilo
            PolliceSu   (1)
              Risposta #1460: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:28:24
              PdP93 wrote:

So, a thank you for all the stories you wrote and drew is absolutely due. I re-read many times your Life and Times Saga and "A Letter from Home", they are something extraordinary as concerning Disney's production.

Regarding the thing of Ducks that are considered humans, opinions are goods because they're different each others, I think having been born in America or in Italy can considerably affect this point of view, I think that the greater part of this forum would easily see Donald pulling a feather off himself to save himself (or Scrooge pulling it off him to use it as a pen, it's something that may be related to Guido Martina - another great Italian comic writer), all this because we grew up with Scarpa and Cimino's stories (by the way, have you ever read something by Rodolfo Cimino?).
              In any case it's sure that by analyzing in detail the human part of the characters, a splendid and unimaginable work has been created.

Concerning the D.U.C.K. project mentioned by Paperone96 and later by Frank. Practically some time ago I had the idea of opening a topic to discuss on hidden dedications, by posting images, hidden solutions and comments, later on the project spread out to stories, pin up, calendars, covers and talking of other dedications also (starting from the one to Marco Rota, or the mysterious Bankarde of a cover, to the various dedications in "The Dream of a Lifetime", or even the famous inscription-award dedicated to "A Letter from Home"). The meaning of all this stuff is demostrate that even here there are so many D.U.C.K. fan searching for your meticulous dedications and one day we could/will deal with hidden mice.

Here is the link: https://www.papersera.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1228949836/0

With the first two posts we try to spare new D.U.C.K. followers to leaf through 80 and more pages, but you can select the images, even if solutions aren't there yet and they are among the various posts.

So, that's all, a big greeting by a great fan of yours: F. Montalbano, whose pen name is PdP93.
              « Ultima modifica: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 13:07:20 da Paperinika »

Paperinika
              Moderatore
              PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
              PolliceSu
                Risposta #1461: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:34:26
                I tried that once, but it repeats the entire message rather than just the line I want, so I then need to delete portions. It's easier to just copy & paste the words I want. But then, maybe I don't know how to do it properly?
                No no, that's the way it works, actually...

Paperinika
                Moderatore
                PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                PolliceSu
                  Risposta #1462: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:42:26
                  Che scarso che sono... guardando le differenza fra la mia domanda in inglese e quella aggiustata da Paperinika ( ;) ), mi rendo conto che il mio dialogo era paragonabile al mitico "Noio vulevan savuar" di Totò, Peppino e la Malafemmina... :P

Beh, dai, la prima parte era abbastanza comprensibile, Nella seconda non capivo proprio cosa volessi dire, invece...

Comunque mi fate sentire sopravvalutata... non credo di essere poi tanto brava come dite, in inglese... :-[

Specificato su Martina, ottimo appunto. ;)
                  « Ultima modifica: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:51:49 da Paperinika »

Pidipì
                  Diabolico Vendicatore
                  PolliceSu

• Il Dottore Dimezzato
                    • Mostra profilo
                  PolliceSu
                    Risposta #1463: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 00:45:23
                    it's something that may be related to Martina

Ho come l'impressione che sia meglio specificare che sia un autore, altrimenti lo riconduce al personaggio e non ci capisce niente.
                    Alle volte uno si crede incompleto ed è soltanto niubbo.

Don Rosa
                    Gran Mogol
                    PolliceSu

• Novellino
                      • Mostra profilo
                    PolliceSu
                      Risposta #1464: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 01:49:35
                      feidhelm:
                      >>>>>>Bassotto is the italian translation for Beagle Boy.

That's odd since a Beagle is a completely different dog than a Basset Hound. But I prefer Bassets, so I like it!
                      I hope to keep my "Bassotto" label!

Pacuvio
                      Moderatore
                      PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                      PolliceSu
                        Risposta #1465: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 02:03:30
                        That's odd since a Beagle is a completely different dog than a Basset Hound.
                        Sure, they're 2 different dog's race, but in italian "Banda Bassotti" share the same initials with "Beagle Boys", so we're called them. However in '60 beagle isn't yet know in Italy, so we used bassotto. :)
                        « Ultima modifica: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 02:25:32 da pacuvio »

Frank
                        Pifferosauro Uranifago
                        PolliceSu

• Non vi sapevo un tracanna! (R. Cimino)
                          • Mostra profilo
                        PolliceSu
                          Risposta #1466: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 08:12:25
                          At this rate you won't for long! It only lasts for your first 50 messages or so. These labels are a bit like JW medals, awarded on the basis of how much you write in the forum. And I hope you become a ten-star general (that would be "wise old man from a Rodolfo Cimino story", and I know you never read any of those, so just take it on trust that it's a good thing), even if that's no longer a basset-hound.

I'm so glad that you chose to join this community and that people have welcomed you like they have, even with a team of dedicated and very competent translators (THANKS Paperinika, Brigitta e Zio Paperone!) who relay messages back and forth as soon as they are written. I'm quite familiar with language barriers (think of when I lived in Japan; now that was something) and it's such a nice feeling when you're in a group of friendly people where the will to communicate finds every possible way to break those barriers down. And all this despite the tiny characters challenging your eyesight. It really means there's something going on...

Anyway, you're onto 20 messages a week so keep it up and you'll soon turn from a Beagle Boy (or, if you wish, Basset Hound) to a very Barksian "Brutopian". But hey, you could always add "Basset Hound" under your name yourself, in the place where it currently says "novellino" (newbie). I'm sure the local experts will be delighted to show you how to do that by poking around in your profile. You could even add a picture (of Suki... of a Barks character... of whatever else you like) and they'll be more than pleased to show you how to do that too. Me, I'm just pleased you're back the way you used to, answering fan mail and getting caught in the buzz of all this excitement ("oh wait, I had work to do in the yard but let me go and check if there's anything new on the forum...", you know what I mean). It puts warmth in my heart, especially after that long message I wrote on DCML a few months ago.
                          Frank  (filologo disneyano)

Frank
                          Pifferosauro Uranifago
                          PolliceSu   (1)

• Non vi sapevo un tracanna! (R. Cimino)
                            • Mostra profilo
                          PolliceSu   (1)
                            Risposta #1467: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 08:25:43
                            My father collected a large amount of comics, expecially Disney ones, so since I was born I had in my hands comics of all the american and italian authors.

What a fantastic environment in which to grow up! And good that you appreciated it instead of ignoring it. It obviously contributed to making you a nice person... Reminds me of my chat with Giorgio Pezzin: "we comics authors have a responsibility towards those kids..."
                            Frank  (filologo disneyano)

Tyrrel
                            --
                            PolliceSu

PolliceSu
                              Risposta #1468: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 09:27:21
                              @Don Rosa: Hi Don. It's a wonderfull gift have you in this forum and read your interesting answers to our questions. Thanks!
                              And of course, thank you very much for your great stories! :)

@Papersera-translators: grazie ragazze e ragazzi, me la cavo nel capire l'inglese scritto ma il vostro lavoro di traduzione è di grande aiuto. :)

ZioPaperone
                              --
                              PolliceSu

PolliceSu
                                Risposta #1469: Venerdì 7 Ago 2009, 11:57:32
                                feidhelm:
                                >>>>>>Bassotto is the italian translation for Beagle Boy.

That's odd since a Beagle is a completely different dog than a Basset Hound. But I prefer Bassets, so I like it!

Of course you're right. Anyway the Bassotto isn't exactly a Basset (who said it is? :-?), it's the Dachshund or sausage dog.
                                We call the Bassett hound... ahem.. just bassett hound

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                                In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                                Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)