Gran Mogol
PolliceSu   (1)

• Novellino
    • Mostra profilo
PolliceSu   (1)
    Re: Don Rosa
    Risposta #1665: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 18:33:19
    Vito:
    >>>>>I admit that your idea appears to be really bizarre and complicated to me, but I can accept that because the italian Disney culture and views are different from the american ones, ... And also because apart from Carl Barks and a few other ones (with less influence) famous Disney comics were come to an end before you start your career.

One (of many) reasons I enjoy talking to other comic fans is that sometimes they have an insight into my own work that I never realized. Vito has something here. In Italia, indeed all over Europe, Duck comics are never-ending. They have existed nonstop for 60 years (and longer in Italia). Everybody reads them. They are one of life's sweet constants.

Here, when comic book sales plummeted in the late 1960's & early 1970's, the Disney publisher lost interest. Western Publishing (Dell, Gold Key) had MANY other industries and didn't bother to figure out how to deal with a collapsing comic market. For some years they published really *wretched* stuff, then switched to trying to only sell the comics in bags in toy stores, then ceased publication of comics entirely. So between about 1975 & 1986 (and based on quality, more like 1967-1987), Disney comics... Donald Duck of the comic books (THE Donald Duck)... CEASED TO EXIST in North America. To me he was dead. $crooge was dead. Duckburg was gone. I and other American fans only had our memories. We had no idea that Barks' Ducks were still published in other parts of the world, and indeed were STILL the world's most popular comics!!!

When I went to work for Gladstone in 1987, I thought those were the world's only Duck comics. I thought I was resurrecting lost characters. (I soon learned there were Duck comics still published in Europe because Gladstone printed them, but I still had no idea how popular or how well they still sold in Europe!)
    So, you see, in my mind I was writing stories of past glories! My personal image of what I was doing was creating new Duck adventures based on Barks' characters and sending them *back in a time machine* to myself in 1954 to read on the green sofa in the house where I grew up and where I first learned to love comics. So naturally I set the stories in the years when I was reading them, when they were new. I knew there wouldn't be many readers in America, and I had no idea there was any other continents where the Ducks had been in *continuous* existence. So... I was writing and drawing the stories just for myself. My 1954 self. A dream come true.
    That anyone else outside of North America would ever see one of my Duck stories never occured to me in my wildest dreams.
    And maybe that explains why I write stories that I know take place in the past about characters that I don't consider to be alive (or young) in the present. In America these characters exist only in the past.

sed
    Papero del Mistero
    PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu
      Risposta #1666: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 18:48:50
      Vito:
      >>>>>I admit that your idea appears to be really bizarre and complicated to me, but I can accept that because the italian Disney culture and views are different from the american ones, ... And also because apart from Carl Barks and a few other ones (with less influence) famous Disney comics were come to an end before you start your career.

One (of many) reasons I enjoy talking to other comic fans is that sometimes they have an insight into my own work that I never realized. Vito has something here. In Italia, indeed all over Europe, Duck comics are never-ending. They have existed nonstop for 60 years (and longer in Italia). Everybody reads them. They are one of life's sweet constants.

Here, when comic book sales plummeted in the late 1960's & early 1970's, the Disney publisher lost interest. Western Publishing (Dell, Gold Key) had MANY other industries and didn't bother to figure out how to deal with a collapsing comic market. For some years they published really *wretched* stuff, then switched to trying to only sell the comics in bags in toy stores, then ceased publication of comics entirely. So between about 1975 & 1986 (and based on quality, more like 1967-1987), Disney comics... Donald Duck of the comic books (THE Donald Duck)... CEASED TO EXIST in North America. To me he was dead. $crooge was dead. Duckburg was gone. I and other American fans only had our memories. We had no idea that Barks' Ducks were still published in other parts of the world, and indeed were STILL the world's most popular comics!!!

When I went to work for Gladstone in 1987, I thought those were the world's only Duck comics. I thought I was resurrecting lost characters. (I soon learned there were Duck comics still published in Europe because Gladstone printed them, but I still had no idea how popular or how well they still sold in Europe!)
      So, you see, in my mind I was writing stories of past glories! My personal image of what I was doing was creating new Duck adventures based on Barks' characters and sending them *back in a time machine* to myself in 1954 to read on the green sofa in the house where I grew up and where I first learned to love comics. So naturally I set the stories in the years when I was reading them, when they were new. I knew there wouldn't be many readers in America, and I had no idea there was any other continents where the Ducks had been in *continuous* existence. So... I was writing and drawing the stories just for myself. My 1954 self. A dream come true.
      That anyone else outside of North America would ever see one of my Duck stories never occured to me in my wildest dreams.
      And maybe that explains why I write stories that I know take place in the past about characters that I don't consider to be alive (or young) in the present. In America these characters exist only in the past.

... i've no word...what you say it's something strange for an italian reader, but... now I've understand your love for the ducks and for the past...

at this point, we can see scrooge a sort of "alter ego" of you, no? he love all things that remind him his past, a wonderful and incredible past, and there is someone that was very important to his life...wow, amazing  :)

non ho parole...ciò che dici è qualcosa di strano per un lettore italiano, ma...ora ho capito il tuo amore per i paperi e per il passato

a questo punto possiamo vedere paperone come un tuo alter ego, no? ama tutto ciò che gli ricorda il suo passato, un meraviglioso e incredibile passato, e c'è qualcuno che è stato molto importante per sua vita...wow, incredibile !!!
      « Ultima modifica: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:21:03 da sed »

Gingerin_Rogers
      Diabolico Vendicatore
      PolliceSu

• Lurkatrice sfegatata
        • Mostra profilo
      PolliceSu
        Risposta #1667: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 18:51:11
        But... but... this is UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I am collapsing!!!! :'(

(C'è qualcuno che traduce già? Posso essere di aiuto?)

Gingerin_Rogers
        Diabolico Vendicatore
        PolliceSu

• Lurkatrice sfegatata
          • Mostra profilo
        PolliceSu
          Risposta #1668: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 19:15:06
          Se nessuno risponde vuol dire che posso postare la traduzione io (a vostro rischio e pericolo)

Una delle (molte) ragioni per le quali mi piace parlare con altri ammiratori di fumetti è che a volte hanno una visione del mio lavoro della quale non mi sono mai reso conto. Vito ha qualcosa qui. In Italia, veramente in tutta l'Europa, i fumetti dei Paperi sono senza una fine. Sono esistiti ininterrottamente per 60 anni (e anche di più in Italia). Tutti li leggono. E' una delle dolci certezze della vita.
          Qui, quando le vendite dei fumetti sono crollate alla fine degli anni '60 e all'inizio dei '70, gli editori Disney hanno perso interesse. Gli editori occidentali (Dell, Gold Key) avevano MOLTE altre industrie e non si preoccuparono di come trattare un mercato dei fumetti al collasso. Per alcuni anni pubblicarono roba veramente *orribile*, poi cambiarono idea cercando di vendere fumetti in sacchetti nei negozi di giocattoli Disney... Donald Duck dei fumetti (IL Donald Duck)... CESSO' DI ESISTERE nel Nord America. Per me era morto. $crooge era morto. Duckburg era sparita. Io e gli altri lettori americani avevamo solo i nostri ricordi. Non avevamo idea che i Paperi di Barks venissero ancora pubblicati in altre parti del mondo, e veramente erano ANCORA i fumetti più popolari del mondo!

Quando iniziai a lavorare per la Gladstone nel 1987, pensavo che quelli fossero i soli fumetti dei Paperi al mondo. Pensavo di far risorgere personaggi perduti. (Imparai presto che c'erano fumetti dei Paperi ancora pubblicati in Europa perchè la Gladstone li stampava, ma tuttora non ho idea di quanto fossero popolari o quanto vendessero bene in Europa!)
          Così, vedi, nella mia mente stavo scrivendo storie di vecchie glorie! La mia personale immagine di quanto stavo facendo era che stavo creando nuove avventure dei Paperi basate sui personaggi di Barks e spedirli *indietro con una macchina del tempo* a me stesso nel 1954 per leggerli sul divano verde nella casa dove ero cresciuto e dove per la prima volta imparai ad amare i fumetti. Così naturalmente ambientai le storie negli anni in cui le leggevo, quando erano nuove. Sapevo che non ci sarebbero stati molti lettori in America, e non avevo idea che ci fossero altri continenti dove i Paperi avevano *continuato* la loro esistenza. Così... scrivevo e disegnavo le storie solo per me stesso. Il mio proprio 1954. Un sogno realizzato.
          Non mi è mai passato per la mente, neanche nei sogni più proibiti, che altre persone al di fuori dal Nord America avrebbero potuto mai vedere una delle mie storie.
          E forse questo spiega perchè io scriva storie che so svolgersi nel passato con personaggi che non considero essere vivi (o giovani) nel presente. In America questi personaggi esistono solo nel passato.

Francis Drake
          Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
          PolliceSu

• Barks-Donrosiano e Pikappico
            • Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu
            Risposta #1669: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 19:44:47

... i've no word...what you say it's something strange for an italian reader, but... now I've understand your love for the ducks and for the past...

at this point, we can see scrooge a sort of "alter ego" of you, no? he love all things that remind him his past, a wonderful and incredible past, and there is someone that was very important to his life...wow, amazing  :)

I don't think it's so strange. IMHO it's the best vision possible of this universe, this peculiarity is one of the reason for which i love Don Rosa's stories and (I admit it) I've lost interest for many other authors in the years.

It reminds me of when I was 6 or 7 years old and I've realized that Scrooge must be over 100 years, reading a story in which was clearly said the year (first half of 90s) ad he was speaking of his klondike times... more than a CENTURY AGO!  :-/
            I was so disappointed! Then when I discovered the vision of Don Rosa, years later, seems to me that the mess was finally fixed "WOW! So this is! The truth about the ducks!" I thought.  ;D

ITALIAN TEXT:
            Non penso sia così strano. Secondo me è la migliore visione possibile di questo universo, questa peculiarità è una delle ragioni per cui adoro le storie di Don Rosa e (lo ammetto) ho perso interesse per molti altri autori, nel corso degli anni.

Tutto ciò mi ricorda di quando avevo 6 o 7 anni e ho realizzato che Paperone doveva averne più di 100, leggendo una storia in cui veniva esplicitato l'anno corrente (era la prima metà degli anni 90) e lui parlava dei suoi giorni nel Klondike... più di UN SECOLO PRIMA! :-/
            Rimasi così deluso e contrariato dal fatto! Quindi quando scoprii la visione di Don Rosa, anni dopo, mi sembrò che il pasticcio fosse finalmente sistemato: "WOW, allora è così! Ecco la verità riguardo ai paperi!" Pensai. ;D
            « Ultima modifica: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:26:53 da Francis_Drake »

Vito
            Flagello dei mari
            PolliceSu

• Life is like a hurricane
              • Mostra profilo
            PolliceSu
              Risposta #1670: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 19:48:53
              Ah, che bello, tu devi essere quello del topic di Ortensia reincarnato, no?

Quaquarone93
              Diabolico Vendicatore
              PolliceSu

• Il gentile fantasma del castello De' Paperoni
                • Mostra profilo
              PolliceSu
                Risposta #1671: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:01:36
                Step by step Don Rosa is giving us lot of informations about his career, about his view of things, about his storytelling. He's telling us his dreams, he's unlocking a part of his heart with us and this is fantastic for me and for all the other fans in this forum. And then we're collecting very personal and interesting informations. I don't think I could find things as good as the ours troughout internet.

Pian piano Don Rosa ci sta fornendo moltissime informazioni riguardo la sua carriera, la sua visione delle cose, il suo modo di raccontare storie. Ci sta raccontando dei suoi sogni, sta aprendo una parte del suo cuore con noi e questo è fantastico per e per tutti gli altri fan del forum. E oltretutto stiamo raccogliendo informazioni molto interessanti e personali. Credo che non potrei trovare cose così buone come le nostre in giro per Internet.
                « Ultima modifica: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:16:45 da Quaquarone93 »
                "A man who wins is a man who thinks he can" - RF my hero...

Francis Drake
                Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
                PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                PolliceSu
                  Risposta #1672: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:04:04
                  >>>>>And if I can do another question, this time about the chronology ... I'm curious to know if you consider the story Barks produced from the late 50s to the 1967 to be set always in the period spanning between 1950 to 1955.

That's exactly right! Furthermore, I like to think that the Barks stories published in the 40's are tales of future events! Ha! Now, remember that this is only my personal idea inside my personal head. My "private joke" (that's not really a joke). So please don't accuse me of trying to inflict this idea on the readers! This is simply how I enjoy thinking of it. But as I say, it pleases me more than the alternative of my favorite characters actually being immortal fairy-tale beings.

Woah! I've never thought of that: you consider "Xmas on Bear Mountain" to be happened in 1947, right? and the other stories from the 40s in the first 50s? I admit that I've always liked the thought of Duckburg between the last year of the war and Bear Mountain/Lo$ 12... A city built by the tycoon that now is self exiled, the life of the other ducks and of the city that flows normally (like we seen in Barks 1942-1947) but with the money bin impending on the city, like a monument to the greatness of $crooge McDuck... in some way always like hidden, like you depicted it Lo$ 12.
                  So... I like to think the stories in the 40s to be happened in the 40s... in this feel...with the "appointment with the fate" impending. The great encounter you show us: "I am your mother's brother... your uncle... Scrooge McDuck!"

And thanks for that incredible moment!

PS... I've said before "the last year of the war" simply because there are some clear references to WWII in the war years' Barks comics... but I've always imagined that Donald has fought the war (because of the propaganda cartoons)... so I imagine Donald in the war in 1943-44 and with the nephews at home in 1945 after the dismissal from the army but before the end of the war.

ITALIAN TEXT:
                  Wow! Questo non l'avevo mai pensato: consideri "Il Natale sul Monte Orso" come accaduto nel 1947, giusto? E le altre storie degli anni 40, accadute nei primi anni 50? Ammetto che mi è sempre piaciuta l'immagien di paperopoli tra l'ultimo anno della guerra e Monte Orso/Lo$ 12... Una città costruita dal magnate che ora è in un esilio auto imposto, la vita degli altri paperi e della città che scorre normalmente (come vediamo nei fumetti barksiani tra il 1942 e il 1947) ma con il deposito che incombe sulla cittò, come un monumento alla grandezza di Paperon De Paperoni... in qualche modo come sempre seminascosto, come lo hai disegnato in Lo$ 12.
                  Quindi... mi piace pensare alle storie degli anni 40 come se siano successe negli anni 40... in questa atmosfera... con "l'appuntamento con il destino" impendente. Il grande incontro che ci hai mostrato: "Sono il fratello di tua madre... tuo zio... Paperon De Paperoni!"

E grazie per questo incredibile momento!

PS... Ho detto prima "l'ultimo anno della guera" semplicemente perchè ci sono alcuni chiari riferimenti alla seocnda guerra mondiale nei fumetti di Barks prodotti degli anni di guerra... ma ho sempre immaginato che paperino abbia combattuto in guerra (a causa dei cartoni propagandistici)... quindi immagino Paperino in guerra tra il 43 e il 44 e con i nipoti, a casa, nel 1945, dopo il congedo dall'esercito ma prima della fine della guerra.
                  « Ultima modifica: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:21:39 da Francis_Drake »

Francis Drake
                  Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
                  PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                  PolliceSu
                    Risposta #1673: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:07:08
                    Ah, che bello, tu devi essere quello del topic di Ortensia reincarnato, no?

scusami... penso di essermi perso qualcosa...
                    ma non sono il secondo account di un altro utente... quindi sicuramente no...  ;D

(da lettore inattivo mi sono iscritto dopo la comparsa del Don qui)  :)

cosa si diceva in quel topic? (adesso sono curioso!)

sed
                    Papero del Mistero
                    PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                    PolliceSu
                      Risposta #1674: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:07:12
                      Step by step Don Rosa is giving us lot of informations about his career, about his view of things, about his storytelling. He's telling us his dreams, he's unlocking a part of his heart with us and this is fantastic for me and for all the other fans in this forum. And then we're collecting very personal and interesting informations. I don't think I could find things as good as the ours troughout internet.

and that's wonderful. i dont know why Don is telling us this things, but he is shows us that he is not a simple "worker in comics industry", but he is living his dream, the dream of a lifetime, of HIS lifetime: made wonderful and immortal stories...

e ciò è meraviglioso!!! non sò perchè Don ci stia dicendo ciò, ma ci stà mostrando che non è un semplice "impiegato nell'industria del fumetto", ma anche che stà vivendo il suo sogno, il sogno di una vita, della sua vita: fare storie meravigliose e immortali
                      « Ultima modifica: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:17:48 da sed »

Pacuvio
                      Imperatore della Calidornia
                      Moderatore
                      PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                      PolliceSu
                        Risposta #1675: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:09:24
                        Sono costretto a riquotare questo post:

Nota per chi scrive i messaggi direttamente in inglese: potete aggiungere voi stessi la traduzione in italiano sotto?
                        Grazie :)
                        Per favore, ragazzi... almeno nel caso di messaggi brevi (come gli ultimi che vedo) che vi costa?

Oltre a rendere più comprensibile a tutti il topic, facilitate notevolmente il lavoro dei traduttori. ;)
                        « Ultima modifica: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:10:16 da pacuvio »

Gingerin_Rogers
                        Diabolico Vendicatore
                        PolliceSu

• Lurkatrice sfegatata
                          • Mostra profilo
                        PolliceSu
                          Risposta #1676: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:42:23
                          La storia del fumetto americano mi ha sconvolto... sarà che sono niubba e tutti voi la sapevate già? Qua in Italia ci sono generazioni cresciute a Paperi (e Topi) e in America no? A me sta roba fa una tristezza...

History of American Comics upset me... maybe because I'm a newbie and you forumists did already know it? Here in Italy you have generations of people grown up with Ducks (and Mice), didn't they in USA? What a sadness...
                          « Ultima modifica: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 20:44:19 da Gingerin_Rogers »

ZioPaperone
                          --
                          PolliceSu   (1)

PolliceSu   (1)
                            Risposta #1677: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 21:46:39
                            To tell the truth, we have always accepted the figure of this characters as "animal anthropomorphous", without judging them as animals.

Animal anthropomorphous? :o
                            Ehm... grammatica Hoepli? ::)

(Sì lo so, rischio di offendere gli anglofoni permalosi, ma "animal anthopomorphous" suona così... funny - sia funny ha-ha che funny peculiar - e non potevo resistere! ;D ;D)
                            « Ultima modifica: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 21:48:34 da ZioPaperone »

Vito
                            Flagello dei mari
                            PolliceSu

• Life is like a hurricane
                              • Mostra profilo
                            PolliceSu
                              Risposta #1678: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 21:54:50
                              Almeno dirmi come si scriveva correttamente in modo da correggere potevi farlo... :P

NuttyIsa
                              Cugino di Alf
                              PolliceSu

• Scrooge's lover
                                • Mostra profilo
                              PolliceSu
                                Risposta #1679: Mercoledì 12 Ago 2009, 21:55:51

Animal anthropomorphous? :o
                                Ehm... grammatica Hoepli? ::)

ormai è di moda questa battuta :P

come si tradurrebbe scusa? perchè sn curiosa (se intendi solo per lo scambio di parole è stato un errore di distrazione)

-Sex Drugs & Duck'n'Tales-

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                                In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                                Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)