Don Rosa
Gran Mogol
PolliceSu   (5)

• Novellino
    • Mostra profilo
PolliceSu   (5)
    Re: Don Rosa
    Risposta #2865: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 16:29:28
    Well... I hope no one still wonders why I am so sensitive to making sure my words are translated properly. In 20+ years of doing these comics and conversing as freely as I have with friends and fans (because I am FIRST a fan myself above all), I've learned how this works. Even when my words *are* translated properly, there are those who, for their own private purposes, will examine everything I say until they find something that they can twist into meaning something entirely different than it does. Just like American Republican politicians will do.

I suggest that, for proper forum etiquette, perhaps readers would prefer that we not have long off-topic discussions, even though it's quite obvious that I am glad to participate in such discussions when invited. So, someone twists that into me demanding that we only discuss ME ME ME here because I am some sort of egomaniac.

I suggest that new members read the previous thread Q&A so that we don't bore everyone with old material, and so (frankly) that I don't needlessly waste the brief amounts of time I have to check this forum. And having said that, I *still* give a full and complete answer to the asked question. So, someone twists that into me trying to bully children and get people banned from the forum, and that I should simply ignore such questions (which, obviously, would be VERY rude of me).

Anyway, you've seen a good example of the difficulties of being a prominent professional and fan who is willing and happy to communicate with other comic fans. When such people pop up, I find their behavior very discouraging and disappointing, but I decided to simply ignore them and try to enjoy the other 99.999% of the pleasant folks I encounter here and elsewhere.

So... on to the next question....

Don Rosa
    Gran Mogol
    PolliceSu   (1)

• Novellino
      • Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu   (1)
      Risposta #2866: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 16:44:27
      acara:
      >>>>>Could Don Rosa please comment on this site?
      Apparently you are working on a documentary on you work on “The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck”. It really looks interesting. Can you tell us more about it?

Well, in the Spring of 2009 a group of young Danish filmmakers visited me here for a week and filmed many dozens of hours of interviews with me. They filmed all around my home and nature preserve, followed me to several Kentucky Derby Festival events here in Louisville (the Kentucky Derby took place during their visit), rode with me in the Great Steamboat Race on the Ohio River (an annual Derby event), also rode with me in my 1948 Dodge and 1938 Lafayette, and filmed a great deal more. Then they went back to Denmark to work on finding time and funding to edit that massive amount of material down into a single documentary film. This sort of project takes a LOT of time and money, I'm sure. As to their progress, you know as much as I do about that from their recent postings on the Internet.
      « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:07:02 da Don_Rosa »

• Eco del Mondo
        • Mostra profilo
        • Eco del Mondo
      PolliceSu
        Risposta #2867: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 16:46:15
        Nel senso... cos'è? Un'epopea alternativa alla Saga? Una semplice cover?

Non riesco nemmeno ad accedere all'inducks per cercarlo...
        È, a quanto ho capito io, una copertina ad un numero che presenta Una Storia della Famiglia dei Paperi alternativa alla $aga...
        « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 16:46:27 da simonis_mc_duck »

Don Rosa
        Gran Mogol
        PolliceSu   (1)

• Novellino
          • Mostra profilo
        PolliceSu   (1)
          Risposta #2868: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 16:52:30
          Duck Fener:
          >>>>>For be truthful, in Paperinik's first stories he isn't a super - heroes

So I understand, but in America it's common to refer to ANY character in a costume who performs deeds as a "super hero". They may not even have special powers. A better name would be "costumed hero", but we say "super hero".

>>>>> but he not fights aliens. Unless you are reading “Paperinik new adventure”, that is rather different than Paperinik “standard”. Have you ever heard it, down there?

Neither version of Paperinik has ever been seen in America and you would have great difficulty finding in finding a single comics fan in North America who knows any version of that character exists. The only reason *I* know about the new or old Paperinik is due to my trips to Italia and associations with Italian comics fans, but I don't know anything about the character(s) except what he looks like.
          « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 16:53:42 da Don_Rosa »

Paperinika
          Imperatore della Calidornia
          Moderatore
          PolliceSu   (1)

• Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu   (1)
            Risposta #2869: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 16:53:32
            È, a quanto ho capito io, una copertina ad un numero che presenta Una Storia della Famiglia dei Paperi alternativa alla $aga...
            Oh, ora l'Inducks funziona.
            Se sbaglio (ma non mi pare) qualcuno mi correggerà, ma credo sia giusto un volume che raccoglie storie indipendenti tra loro, con l'unica (e nemmenoin tutte le storie, direi) cosa in comune di avere come protagonisti "antenati" della famiglia dei paperi. Niente a che vedere con Saga o simili, quindi.

• Eco del Mondo
              • Mostra profilo
              • Eco del Mondo
            PolliceSu
              Risposta #2870: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 16:56:39
              Credo proprio di sì...

Paperinika
              Imperatore della Calidornia
              Moderatore
              PolliceSu   (2)

• Mostra profilo
              PolliceSu   (2)
                Risposta #2871: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:01:15
                Credo proprio di sì...
                "Credo proprio di sì"... cosa?

Scusa, ma è davvero così difficile evitare di postare a casaccio?

Don Rosa
                Gran Mogol
                PolliceSu   (1)

• Novellino
                  • Mostra profilo
                PolliceSu   (1)
                  Risposta #2872: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:01:37
                  Looks like my sweetheart Paperinika is on-line here posting messages at the same time I am. Good morning!

Michiel Prior:
                  >>>>>My thoughts exactly. But then why is his name on the first page?

Because the biography is based on Barks' character and stories. It does not say "BY Carl Barks". But, to me, the fact that his name *is* on that paper seems a main reason to believe Barks did *not* write it. It is supposedly from his private notes file. Why would he write his own name on a private note? And why would he be making such notes about anything *after* he retired (since this text had to be written after 1967)?

But I'm only offering ideas. I have no idea who wrote that text, or why.

• Eco del Mondo
                    • Mostra profilo
                    • Eco del Mondo
                  PolliceSu
                    Risposta #2873: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:04:12
                    I don't know anything about the character(s) except what he looks like.
                    It's strange, because in Andrea Salimbeti's website, it's written

" In realtà nessuna storia del Paperinik classico è mai stata pubblicata negli USA (recentemente è stata realizzata una storia con PK denominato Duck Avenger), dove il personaggio è praticamente sconosciuto, ma alcuni anni fa sono state inviate al disegnatore e sceneggiatore Don Rosa, degno erede dell'indimenticabile Carl Barks, le prime due storie di Paperinik tradotte in inglese, ed accompagnate da una lettera di presentazione dove si chiedeva, al bravo artista americano, se fosse stato possibile da parte sua utilizzare il personaggio di Paperinik o quello di Fantomius, in alcune sue future storie adeguatamente condite di intrigo e mistero necessari alla credibilità del personaggio. Nelle storie inviate, Paperinik è stato tradotto come Phantom duck, decisamente più appropriato di Super duck visto che Paperinik in realtà non ha nessun super potere. Molto interessato al personaggio e meravigliatosi che la villa si chiamasse Rosa come lui, il simpatico artista ha prontamente risposto che conosceva vagamente il "villain" alter ego di Donald, ma che nulla sapeva delle sue origini. Personalmente tentato a riprendere il personaggio, faceva però notare che i responsabili della Egmond, la casa produttrice danese per cui attualmente Don Rosa realizza le sue storie, non gli permettono di utilizzare personaggi già ideati e pubblicati da altri autori, tranne in casi eccezionali o naturalmente per i "characters" di Barks."

I try to resume:

"It has been sent a letter to Don Rosa, in the letter there were the two first story of Paperinik translated and in which Paperinik had the name of "Phantom Duck".
                    Don Rosa was surprised by the fact that Paperinik's house had his own name: Villa Rosa.
                    So, he decided to do stories with the charachter and explain that the Phantom of Notre-Duck is, actually, an ol' Fantomius (Paperinik's predecessor), but he didn't can, because Egmont didn't made him use non-Barks' charachters..."
                    « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:04:32 da simonis_mc_duck »

Don Rosa
                    Gran Mogol
                    PolliceSu

• Novellino
                      • Mostra profilo
                    PolliceSu
                      Risposta #2874: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:04:41
                      Walt Zuti:
                      >>>>>what do you think about this interpretation of Scrooge's ancestors, Pintail Duck and Cornelius Coot?

??? Why just those two? What about all the other ancestors on that cover?

Anyway.... uh.... they look fine to me. Don't you like them?

• Eco del Mondo
                        • Mostra profilo
                        • Eco del Mondo
                      PolliceSu
                        Risposta #2875: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:05:31
                        "Credo proprio di sì"... cosa?

Scusa, ma è davvero così difficile evitare di postare a casaccio?
                        Scusa, volevo solamente confermare la tua teoria...

• Eco del Mondo
                          • Mostra profilo
                          • Eco del Mondo
                        PolliceSu
                          Risposta #2876: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:07:03
                          Walt Zuti:
                          >>>>>what do you think about this interpretation of Scrooge's ancestors, Pintail Duck and Cornelius Coot?

??? Why just those two? What about all the other ancestors on that cover?

Anyway.... uh.... they look fine to me. Don't you like them?
                          I meant Scrooge's ancestors and Cornelius Coot and Pintail Duck.
                          Yes, I think they're pretty good, they've been drawn by an Italian good artist, Giorgio Cavazzano.
                          Intendevo gli antenati di Scrooge e Cornelio Ermogene e Paperinocchio Codacorta.
                          Sì, trovo i disegni davvero apprezzabili, d'altronde, sono stati fatti da un buon artista Italiano, Giorgio Cavazzano.
                          « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:30:03 da simonis_mc_duck »

Don Rosa
                          Gran Mogol
                          PolliceSu   (1)

• Novellino
                            • Mostra profilo
                          PolliceSu   (1)
                            Risposta #2877: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:12:09
                            Walt Zuti:
                            >>>>>It's strange, because in Andrea Salimbeti's website, it's written

...that he sent me an English translation of that first story? If he did, that was maybe 10-15 years ago. Maybe I read it, maybe I didn't. If I took a few minutes to read it, I've forgotten everything it contained since I know nothing else about any Paperinik story that's ever existed.

acara
                            Brutopiano
                            PolliceSu

• Novellino
                              • Mostra profilo
                            PolliceSu
                              Risposta #2878: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:12:30
                              This is for Don Rosa....
                              Going back to the issue of Disney Super Heroes...
                              ...does this mean that you do not like Super Goof either or this is a completely different issue since the character is supposed to be a funny one?

Per Don Rosa...
                              Tornando al discorso dei supereroi Disney...
                              ...significa forse che non ti piace neanche SuperPippo oppure e un caso completamente diverso, visto che il personaggio è stato creato per fare ridere?

• Eco del Mondo
                                • Mostra profilo
                                • Eco del Mondo
                              PolliceSu
                                Risposta #2879: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:18:28
                                Walt Zuti:
                                >>>>>It's strange, because in Andrea Salimbeti's website, it's written

...that he sent me an English translation of that first story? If he did, that was maybe 10-15 years ago. Maybe I read it, maybe I didn't. If I took a few minutes to read it, I've forgotten everything it contained since I know nothing else about any Paperinik story that's ever existed.
                                He hasn't send himself...
                                Maybe, it's a metropolitan legend, because if you don't remember the story, how did you have can wanted do story with him?
                                Salimbeti says also that you didn't can do stories, but you've done two fan drawing with him.
                                I've seen them and I find they're very good...

Non l'ha inviata proprio lui...
                                Forse è una leggenda metropolitana, dato che, se non ti ricordi niente, come avresti potuto voler fare storie con lui?
                                Salimbeti dice anche che tu, non potevi fare storie con lui, ma hai fatto due disegni per fan.
                                Li ho visti e li trovo molto carini...

Non c'è bisogno di replicare anche le immagini, quando traduci... - Pacuvio
                                « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 15 Lug 2010, 17:29:45 da pacuvio »

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                                In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                                Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)