Moderatore
PolliceSu   (1)

• Paperonuuuuccciooooo....
    • Mostra profilo
PolliceSu   (1)
    Re: Don Rosa
    Risposta #3345: Mercoledì 9 Mar 2011, 14:17:04
    V:
    >>>>>La cosa strana e buona è che la versione italiana ha conservato la tu versione originale, con "chiudi il becco" e tutto il resto. Mi chiedo da dove Beccattini abbia preso gli originali,

Non c'è niente di strano. L'editore americano aveva il mio script originale corretto, ma scelse di cambiarlo -- era questo che volevo far notare. Alberto avrà ricevuto lo script "ufficiale" dalla Egmont -- anche gli scriot ufficiali a volte hanno cambiamenti o errori (una delle cose su cui sto passando un sacco di tempo a fare controlli, per questa nuova edizione della mia opera completa), ma nel caso di questa storia di Gastone lo script che arrivò a tutti gli editori e traduttori era, in apparenza, preciso.

Alberto è uno dei due o tre traduttori al mondo di cui ti puoi fidare sapendo che farà sempre una traduzione buona ed intelligente, fedele alle intenzioni dell'autore e alle personalità dei personaggi e al loro background, e che farà cambiamenti necessari solo nei casi come le gag intraducibili. Ma in casi diversi da quello di questa storia con Gastone, se tutto quello che ha da cui partire è uno script già difettoso, ha le mani legate.
    I miei teSSSSori: http://tinyurl.com/a3ybupd

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi

Francis Drake
    Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
    PolliceSu

• Barks-Donrosiano e Pikappico
      • Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu
      Risposta #3346: Sabato 19 Mar 2011, 11:11:06
      Dovendo prenotare l'aereo per Torino sto cercando di capire quale/i sia/no i giorno/i da non perdere per vedere Don Rosa. Qualcuno è a conoscenza di questi dettagli? Sul sito ufficiale di Torino Comics il programma non c'è ancora.

Simone Cavazzuti
      Ombronauta
      PolliceSu   (1)

• Eco del Mondo
        • Mostra profilo
        • Eco del Mondo
      PolliceSu   (1)
        Risposta #3347: Sabato 19 Mar 2011, 13:32:54
        Dovendo prenotare l'aereo per Torino sto cercando di capire quale/i sia/no i giorno/i da non perdere per vedere Don Rosa. Qualcuno è a conoscenza di questi dettagli? Sul sito ufficiale di Torino Comics il programma non c'è ancora.
        Da quello che ho capito, dovrebbe essere lì tutti e tre i giorni. ;)

Francis Drake
        Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
        PolliceSu

• Barks-Donrosiano e Pikappico
          • Mostra profilo
        PolliceSu
          Risposta #3348: Martedì 22 Mar 2011, 07:12:49
          Da quello che ho capito, dovrebbe essere lì tutti e tre i giorni. ;)

e allora permanenza di tre giorni, per non sbagliare!  :)

sed
          Papero del Mistero
          PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu
            Risposta #3349: Sabato 26 Mar 2011, 22:27:46
            ho trovato un articolo sulla storia "d'amore" tra paperone-doretta, e la censura seguita in USA riguardo a questo tema ..visto che l'articolo aggiunge qualcosa in più sullo "scandalo" di paperetta ye-ye ed è nominato anche Don rosa, vorrei sapere se è vero quello riportato nell'articolo (ovvero il vedere paperetta ye-ye come uno "scandalo") e quali modifiche sono state apportate alla $aga

Prima di leggere: non sò se l'articolo è esatto al 100% su questa storia... l'ho trovato riportato su un forum, ma nn conosco la fonte

I've found an article about the "love" story between Scrooge and goldie, and the censorship in the US of this aspect of the life of scrooge. While we have already talk about this, the article say something more about some "scandal" about Dickie duck (paperetta ye-ye in italy), the  and the censorship of the "Life and time of scrooge"... it is true what it says? Dickie duck is really a banned character? and what about the changes in the Lo$?

before the reading: i don't know if the article is 100% true about some aspect of this story... i've found it on a forum

Anybody out there ever heard of Scrooge McDuck's grandaughter: Paperette Ye Ye (Dickie Duck)? She is the rarest and least used of all Disney characters, seen only in Italy and later with Jose in Brazil, she is banned for use in the rest of the world, and has never been seen in America at all.

Since most people in the USA have no idea who she is or why Disney banned the use of this character, or what she has to do with Scrooge, I will tell you.

In the more die-hard Scrooge fan circles, this story is known as the most scandalous of all the "Scrooge/Goldie scandal" stories. The Scrooge/Goldie scandal has caused Disney Corp. to ban several of the old original Scrooge stories from the 1940's and 1950's and later baddly edit Don Rosa's "Life and Times" segment: King of the Klondike (In the uncensored edition of "King of the Klondike" Goldie was a main star, but Disney made Don Rosa re-write it.)

To understand how this story got written, first of all you must realized that while Carl Barks created Scrooge, he was NOT the only Scrooge writer of the 1940's and 1950's, as is commonly belived here in America. Originaly there were TWO Scrooge writers: Carl Barks wrote for America and Romana Scarpa wrote for Europe. Before his stories went to press, Romana Scarpa got them "approved" by Carl Barks, although it is not known if Carl Barks actually did approve the stories or not.

To find out the story you'll have to start out by reading a rare uncensored version "Back to the Klondike"--keeping in mind that Scrooge was still a Disney VILLAIN at the time this story was originally written in 1952, and next you must read "The Arrival of Paperette Ye-Ye", IF you can find a copy and IF you can read Italian, because this story was printed only in Italy, in only a very few copies in 1957, before Disney Corp. found out about it and went histerical over it. (Less than a 1,000 of these are belived to exist today, if that many at all--I am lucky to own one of them--this is considered to be the rarest and hardest to find of not just Scrooge comics, but of all Disney comics.) By 1957, Scrooge in America was no-longer a villian, plus the "Back in the Klondike" story had had 8 pages, including the kidnapping of Glittering Goldie, removed from it, so the American public never saw this darker side of Scrooge McDuck until 1987, when Gladstone printed for the first time in America, an un-censored edition of it. So the first chapter of the Scrooge/Goldie scandal wasn't even told to the American public at the time the Paperette Ye Ye story was written. However, unlike America, Italy HAD seen "Back to the Klondike" uncensored, and so the Paperette Ye Ye story was not a shock to them, as it was to America.

The story of Paperette Ye Ye was written by Romano Scarpa, a man who was noted for getting Carl Barks' approval before writing any Scrooge story, so it must be assumed that Carl Barks new of this story before it was printed.

The story goes like this:

According to Carl Barks:
            After having kidnapped Goldie in "Back in the Klondike" and letting her go a month later, Scrooge left the Yukon and didn't see Goldie again for almost 50 years, when they met once again in "Back in the Klondike" in 1952.

Than according to Romana Scarpa:
            A year later,1953, Goldie arrives in Duckburg, bringing with her a girl she says is Scrooge's grand-daughter, Paperette Ye Ye, who's parents have just died. Goldie says she is not able to take care of her, but knowing Scrooge had plenty of money now, Goldie brought her to him instead. In Italy, from 1957 onward, Paperette lives at the Money Bin with her Grandfather, Scrooge McDuck. Later on, it is through Paperette that Scrooge meets up with another rare character: Brigitta MacBridge, the much younger fortune hunter looking to marry the world's richest duck, and being very good at keeping Scrooge on his toes as he tries to keep as far away from who he calls "that crazy woman".

While no story is known to exist, that actually writes it, it is common knowledge in Italy since 1957, that Scrooge and Goldie have an illegitmate daughter who is Paperette's mother and sadly she died before Scrooge was aware of her existance.

In Italy we see a more caring and romantic side of Scrooge that we do not see in America. While Goldie is never actually SEEN in another Italian story after 1957, throughout the rest of the Scrooge comics he sends money to the Yukon to take care of her. In America we see stories telling us that Goldie is the one pineing away for the stubborn and prideful Scrooge, but in Italy, it is the other way around.

In America, Scrooge fans who hear the story of Paperette Ye Ye, generaly respond with anger and hatred, saying the story is false and is not a "real" part of the Scrooge history. But--take a look at the date: 1957, it is one of the oldest stories out there, way before most of the more popular ones were written.

What few Americas do accept this story, change it, pointing out that in "Back to the Klondike" Goldie mentions careing for orphans and so they rationalize that Dickie Duck (as Paperette is called in America) is not really Scrooge's grand-daughter, she just calls him "Grandpapa" to be polite.

In Italy, this story is the most loved Scrooge story of them all and is considered "the most beautiful and romantic" of all the Scrooge stories ever written. In Italy, Paperette Ye-Ye was a regular in various Scrooge comics from 1957 until the 1970's, but Disney Corp. has banned all use of her and has done everything possibly to destroy the fact that Scrooge did start out as a "one-shot villain" not intended to ever be used as a hero. So, no new stories of Scooge's grand-daughter are allowed to be written and it is doughtful that we will ever hear Uncle Scrooge called "Grandpapa" here in America.

She was discontinued from comic book use entirly when Don Rosa started his famous "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" series in 1984---accourding to Don Rosa, she does not exist.

« Ultima modifica: Sabato 26 Mar 2011, 22:30:34 da sed »

Pacuvio
            Imperatore della Calidornia
            Moderatore
            PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
            PolliceSu
              Risposta #3350: Sabato 26 Mar 2011, 23:02:56
              Prima di leggere: non sò se l'articolo è esatto al 100% su questa storia... l'ho trovato riportato su un forum, ma nn conosco la fonte
              Non ho letto/tradotto bene tutto, ma imho convince veramente poco, soprattutto leggendo più volte che "In Italy, Paperette Ye-Ye was a regular in various Scrooge comics from 1957 until the 1970's"... :-?

Dippy Dawg
              Dittatore di Saturno
              PolliceSu   (3)

• Mostra profilo
              PolliceSu   (3)
                Risposta #3351: Sabato 26 Mar 2011, 23:42:22
                Mah...

1) Ovviamente, 1957 è sbagliato: il numero 577 dove esordisce Paperetta è del 1966, e non è certo così raro (solo 1000 copie esistenti? Ma dai!)...
                2) Non mi risulta che Paperetta sia addirittura un personaggio vietato! Anzi, in Brasile è apparso regolarmente fino a poco fa, e da noi, anche se raro, è un personaggio abbastanza conosciuto...
                3) Romana ( ;D ) Scarpa si faceva approvare i soggetti da Carl Barks? Ma che è, fanta-fumetto???
                4) "Arriva Paperetta yé-yé" è una bella storia, ma non è certo la "più amata di tutti i tempi" per i lettori italiani! Anche la trama (ho letto un po' velocemente e superficialmente) mi sembra un po' sballata... ho qualche dubbio che l'autore di questo scritto abbia mai letto realmente quella storia...
                « Ultima modifica: Sabato 26 Mar 2011, 23:42:54 da Dippy_Dawg »
                Io son nomato Pippo e son poeta
                Or per l'Inferno ce ne andremo a spasso
                Verso un'oscura e dolorosa meta

ML-IHJCM
                Diabolico Vendicatore
                PolliceSu   (1)

• Nuovo utente
                  • Mostra profilo
                PolliceSu   (1)
                  Risposta #3352: Domenica 27 Mar 2011, 08:21:50

Anybody out there ever heard of Scrooge McDuck's grandaughter [...]

La domanda che sorge spontanea a leggere questo testo e': contiene piu' errori nell'uso della lingua inglese o nel riferire "fatti" riguardo alle storie di Paperone?

The question arising from a glance at the above text is: does it contain more mistakes in the usage of English language or in statements on "facts" concerning Scrooge's stories?

Ilja Topovic
                  Gran Mogol
                  PolliceSu

• Alea iacta est
                    • Mostra profilo
                  PolliceSu
                    Risposta #3353: Domenica 27 Mar 2011, 14:17:19
                    Come ha già detto chi ha risposto prima di me, l'articolo commette vistosi errori e non è attendibili, in primo luogo con le date, in secondo luogo non mi sembra che in quegli anni solo Carl Barks e Romano Scarpa lavorassero con Zio Paperone. Cercando nell'inducks solo le storie che avevano Zio Paperone nel titolo nel periodo '49-'51 nè di Barks e nè di Scarpa ne ho trovate 78, fra storie vere e proprie e gag. La collaborazione fra i due autori, come ha già esposto Dippy Dawg, non regge. Infine non mi sembra che "Arriva Paperetta Ye-Ye" sia la storia più amata dai lettori italiani.
                    Secondo me era solo un modo per attirare più lettori, circondando il personaggio di Paperetta da un alone di mistero e di segreto inconfessabile.

pkthebest
                    --
                    PolliceSu

PolliceSu
                      Risposta #3354: Domenica 27 Mar 2011, 14:54:30
                      Scusate, ma poi Paperetta in Italia è nota come nipote (figlia del figlio) di Paperone? Non mi risultava proprio...

I beg your pardon, but is Paperetta really known here in Italy as Scrooge's granddaughter? I didn't know at all...

Paperinika
                      Moderatore
                      PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                      PolliceSu
                        Risposta #3355: Domenica 27 Mar 2011, 17:22:12
                        Scusate, ma poi Paperetta in Italia è nota come nipote (figlia del figlio) di Paperone? Non mi risultava proprio...

I beg your pardon, but is Paperetta really known here in Italy as Scrooge's granddaughter? I didn't know at all...
                        Infatti è la nipote di Doretta.

L'articolo è pieno di inesattezze e (oserei anche dire) assurdità: Arriva Paperetta Yè Yè la storia più rara e difficile da trovare di tutte quelle prodotte dalla Disney (nonchè la storia più romantica di Paperone)? Ma quando mai? Senza contare che la trama non è che sia esattamente quella raccontata qui...
                        Tra l'altro, googlando ho visto che l'autore di quella roba (informato com'è, si vede benissimo che conosce l'opera di Romana Scarpa... ::)), ha scritto fiumi sull'argomento, a cui ho dato solo uno sguardo sommario. Fortuna che la Prigioniera all'epoca non era ancora arrivata...

-----------
                        Actually, she's Goldie's granddaughter.

That post is full of mistakes and (let me say it) nonsense: the story of Paperetta Yè Yè is absolutely NOT "the rarest and hardest to find of not just Scrooge comics, but of all Disney comics" (not to say "the most beautiful and romantic of all the Scrooge stories ever written in Italy"), and his plot is quite different from this one...
                        « Ultima modifica: Domenica 27 Mar 2011, 17:31:08 da Paperinika »

Ilja Topovic
                        Gran Mogol
                        PolliceSu

• Alea iacta est
                          • Mostra profilo
                        PolliceSu
                          Risposta #3356: Domenica 27 Mar 2011, 22:13:35
                          Tra l'altro, googlando ho visto che l'autore di quella roba (informato com'è, si vede benissimo che conosce l'opera di Romana Scarpa... ::)), ha scritto fiumi sull'argomento, a cui ho dato solo uno sguardo sommario. Fortuna che la Prigioniera all'epoca non era ancora arrivata...
                          Dire poi che buona parte di queste storie di Paperone sono irristampabili...

pkthebest
                          --
                          PolliceSu

PolliceSu
                            Risposta #3357: Lunedì 28 Mar 2011, 15:21:20
                            Dire poi che buona parte di queste storie di Paperone sono irristampabili...

What about saying that these stories of Scrooge's can't be printed any more...?
                            « Ultima modifica: Lunedì 28 Mar 2011, 15:22:59 da pkthebest »

Don Rosa
                            Gran Mogol
                            PolliceSu   (7)

• Novellino
                              • Mostra profilo
                            PolliceSu   (7)
                              Risposta #3358: Martedì 29 Mar 2011, 01:52:37
                              Well, I'll be IN Italia in a just few days, and I have a lot of work to get done on the Egmont DON ROSA COLLECTION book series before I leave home, so I won't answer this question in depth. In fact, I did not even try to translate all the previous messages concerning the posting on another forum about "Paperetta", but I can safely say this much:
                              I have heard about this forum posting before, and it is filled with inaccuracies either by incredible carelessness or (more likely) the intention to purposely mislead people.
                              Paperetta is a completely UNKNOWN character in America because, as I've I've written here before, Italian Disney comics are almost completely unknown here due to the fact they are done in reduced "digest / pocket book" size (and we have no pocket-size Disney comics), and that they use a totally different art style than the traditional American Disney comics have always had. Not even hardcore American Disney comics fans know who "Paperetta" is, and therefore the character is not "banned". It's more like Italian Disney comics are simply NOT used here except for a few top-classic Scarpa tales.
                              I could perhaps state this more clearly with more time, but I can't afford it. But I look forward to seeing some of you later this week! And IN PARTICULAR I look forward to meeting all the lady translators who help me out so much here on this forum!
                              « Ultima modifica: Martedì 29 Mar 2011, 10:44:14 da Don_Rosa »

Pacuvio
                              Moderatore
                              PolliceSu   (9)

• Mostra profilo
                              PolliceSu   (9)
                                Risposta #3359: Domenica 3 Apr 2011, 21:06:17
                                Omaggio al Premio Papersera 2011:

(l'originale)

P.S. scusate, ma ero in astinenza da fotomontaggi, e l'occasione era importante... :P
                                « Ultima modifica: Domenica 3 Apr 2011, 21:09:08 da pacuvio »

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                                In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                                Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)