Gran Mogol
PolliceSu

• Novellino
    • Mostra profilo
PolliceSu
    Re: Don Rosa
    Risposta #3405: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 18:43:39
    Brigitta:
    >>>>>I guess you might have looked on the "other" topic, the one in which most of us were telling about your visit.

Oh, si, I sure did! Someone told me what to click on to find it. I Google-read all the longer messages after April 2. But I didn't want to say I was peeking... I thought people should sometimes feel they can speak freely if they might otherwise feel uncomfortable for any reason. I always stick to "my own" thread here, and don't poke around anywhere else.
    However, if you think people would LIKE to know I read those messages, I happly confess to it.

>>>>>Isa in particular (which was of course really pleased by you kind words) was hoping that you could read her message.

Then I am very happy to let her know I *did*!!!

Gingerin_Rogers
    Diabolico Vendicatore
    PolliceSu   (2)

• Lurkatrice sfegatata
      • Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu   (2)
      Risposta #3406: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 19:09:00
      Dear Don, I think that we all are PROUD to have you as a part of our family!

[size=9](And now, go and clear up your room!)[/size] :D

Caro Don, credo che noi tutti siamo ORGOGLIOSI di averti come parte della nostra famiglia!

[size=9](E adesso, vai a fare ordine in camera tua!)[/size]
      :D

Fa.Gian.
      Cugino di Alf
      PolliceSu

• Novellino
        • Mostra profilo
      PolliceSu
        Risposta #3407: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 19:24:45
        Voglio unirmi ai ringraziamenti al gentilissimo Don, oltre che agli organizzatori della serata tutta

Dalle sue parole si capisce soprattutto che le ha scritte col cuore, e che non si tratta frasi di circostanza, per cui ancora più belle.

Il suo apprezzamento è eguagliato dal nostro

OK, a quando una replica della serata?  ;)
        « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 19:27:09 da Fa.Gian. »
        La mia gallery su Deviant Art (casomai a qualcuno interessasse =^___^=)

Brigitta MacBridge
        Flagello dei mari
        Moderatore
        PolliceSu   (1)

• Paperonuuuuccciooooo....
          • Mostra profilo
        PolliceSu   (1)
          Risposta #3408: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 22:04:26
          Brigitta:
          >>>>>.Immagino che avrai dato una occhiata all'altro topic, quello in cui molti di noi hanno raccontato della tua visita

Oh, si, certo che sì! Qualcuno mi ha detto dove cliccare per trovarlo. Ho Google-letto tutti i messaggi più lunghi dopo il 2 Aprile. Ma non volevo dire che stavo sbirciando... ho pensato che le persone dovrebbero sentirsi libere di parlare liberamente, altrimenti si potrebero sentire a disagio per qualsiasi ragione.  Resto sembre qui nel "mio" thread, e non sbuco da altre parti.

>>>>>Isa in particlare (che naturalmente era molto compiaciuta dalle tue gentili parole) sperava che tu potessi leggere il suo messaggio.

Allora sono molto felice di dirle che l'ho *fatto*!!!
          I miei teSSSSori: http://tinyurl.com/a3ybupd

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi

V
          Flagello dei mari
          PolliceSu   (1)

• Torino
            • Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu   (1)
            Risposta #3409: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 22:20:44
            Don, thank you very much for your presence and your kind words, really deep and full of passion.
            Unluckily, I was not in Rapallo, but I have been to Torino, unluckily (again) because I arrived at 10.15 on Sunday, too late for your kind gifts. But I think I gave you five books to sign.
            I was the guy that, after the conference, asked you to sign something, but you told me: "Sorry, i had to finish my work". Really stakanov Don, well done.
            That's why we love so much in Italy, and not only because you are half italian, in this big family of Papersera.
            Thanks,
                         V

In breve, grazie per le tue parole piene di passione, non ero a Rapallo ma a Torino dove ti ho fatto firmare almeno 5 libri. Ero il ragazzo che ti chiese di firmare qualcosa dopo l'incontro ma tu mi dissi: "Scusa ma devo finire il mio lavoro". Ben fatto, sei un vero stakanov Don.
            Ecco perche ti amiamo tanto, e non solo perche sei mezzo italiano, in questa grande famiglia del Papersera.

Paperone 96
            Gran Mogol
            PolliceSu   (1)

• utente semi-nuovo,comprato d'occasione
              • Mostra profilo
            PolliceSu   (1)
              Risposta #3410: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 22:50:39
              Hello Don
              unfortunately i weren't at Rapallo to meet you, but I hope to see you in the future, because your stories, with DUCK in the first picture are beatiful as few (stories and DUCK) !
              My aunt was at Rapallo and she tell me was very excited and happy!
              Go on like this, you write and draw stories very well, very good :)
              Sorry for my bad english, but i'm 15 and i don't know english very well :-/
              See you later (hope)
              Paperone 96

PS.
              Happy Easter Don !! :D

Ciao don
              sfortunatamente non ero a Rapallo per incontrarti, ma spero di incontrarti in futuro perchè le tue storie, con i DUCK nella prima vignetta sono belli come pochi (storie e duck)
              Mia zia era a rapallo e mi ha raccontato che era emozionata e felice.
              Continua così, scrivi e disegni storie molto bene, bravissimo. :)
              Scusa per il mio inglese scadente, ma ho 15 anni e non conosco l'inglese molto bene :-/
              Ci vediamo in futuro (si spera)
              Paperone96

Scrooge4
              Visir di Papatoa
              Moderatore
              PolliceSu

• Barks The Best!
                • Mostra profilo
              PolliceSu
                Risposta #3411: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 22:54:36
                Marco -- no particular comment here, but he was one of my nearby dining companions who made the dinner conversation very enjoyable!

You've made it so enjoyable, too!! I was ever been impressed about your big culture about comics and tv shows. I love to talk with people who has those great passions.

Anche tu hai reso la conversazione davvero piacevole. Personalmente sono sempre rimasto molto colpito dalla tua sconfinata cultura sul mondo del fumetto e della televisione. Adore parlare con le persone che condividono queste passioni.

I'm a translator too, and the writer of the article in the big book given over to the Guardians of the lost library

As I told you, in the book I've written the other chapter dedicated to this story.
                You know? Before giving you the book-prize, when you told us that Guardians of the lost library is the one of your story you dislike more, Paolo and me watched each other saying: "Let's go to rip those pages from all the book!!". ;D

Sul libro io ho scritto l'altro capitolo dedicato a questa storia.
                Sai una cosa? Prima che ti dessimo il premio, quando ci hai detto che I Guardiani della Biblioteca Perduta è, tra le tue storie, quella che meno ti piace, Paolo ed io ci siamo guardati negli occhi dicendo: "Andiamo subito a strappare quelle pagine da tutte le copie del libro!!".
                « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 22:59:59 da scrooge4 »
                Marco Travaglini

Dippy
                Diabolico Vendicatore
                PolliceSu   (1)

• Tra un corto e una sciocca sinfonia...
                  • Mostra profilo
                PolliceSu   (1)
                  Risposta #3412: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 22:55:10
                  Well, maybe I was thinking that THIS forum could be the Italian family I never had. And you've made me feel that it IS.

Questa è sicuramente la cosa più bella che qualunque fan del Don possa auspicare di sentirsi dire...

This is definitely the best thing that any Don fan could hope to hear...

:D
                  « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 21 Apr 2011, 22:56:32 da Dippy_the_Dawg »
                  Sappiate che tutte le cose sono così: un miraggio, un castello di nubi... Nulla è come appare  -  Buddha

https://ilnumeroprimopiugrande.wordpress.com

https://altriproblemidellalieno.wordpress.com

Don Rosa
                  Gran Mogol
                  PolliceSu

• Novellino
                    • Mostra profilo
                  PolliceSu
                    Risposta #3413: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 00:02:16
                    V:
                    >>>>>I was the guy that, after the conference, asked you to sign something, but you told me: "Sorry, i had to finish my work". Really stakanov Don, well done.

Um... this is when my version of "Charlie's Angels" helps me so much here. Just to make sure I understand you (and that people reading this don't MISunderstand)... what I told you was that there were people waiting for me to finish their drawings back at my table, but that if you came over there with me I would sign ALL your books, no waiting, and I'd have a TABLE to work on. Right?

Also... what is "stakanov"? Something good, I hope?

Don Rosa
                    Gran Mogol
                    PolliceSu

• Novellino
                      • Mostra profilo
                    PolliceSu
                      Risposta #3414: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 00:11:35
                      Scrooge4:
                      >>>>> You've made it so enjoyable, too!! I was ever been impressed about your big culture about comics and tv shows. I love to talk with people who has those great passions.

Oh, I don't think you yet really know what a TV buff I am (at least of the great years of 1955 to 1970). Did I brag about my personally recorded collection of TV themes? That was a major project when I was around 20-25. I had it transferred off tapes to CDs a few years ago -- it fills 16 CD's... about 1,400 *different* TV themes from 1950-1970. Don't ever give me a glass of wine and start asking me to sing my favorites. You won't be able to stop me.
                      And then there's old movies!!!!!!!!!!! Hoo-hah!

>>>>>You know? Before giving you the book-prize, when you told us that Guardians of the lost library is the one of your story you dislike more, Paolo and me watched each other saying: "Let's go to rip those pages from all the book!!"

I'm sure you're kidding -- did I seem bitter about the story? Did I say *I* didn't like that story? What I meant was that I didn't think READERS would like it. I was afraid people would think it was a boring travelogue.
                      I seem to have been wrong.

Scrooge4
                      Visir di Papatoa
                      Moderatore
                      PolliceSu

• Barks The Best!
                        • Mostra profilo
                      PolliceSu
                        Risposta #3415: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 00:37:03
                        Oh, I don't think you yet really know what a TV buff I am (at least of the great years of 1955 to 1970). Did I brag about my personally recorded collection of TV themes? That was a major project when I was around 20-25. I had it transferred off tapes to CDs a few years ago -- it fills 16 CD's... about 1,400 *different* TV themes from 1950-1970. Don't ever give me a glass of wine and start asking me to sing my favorites. You won't be able to stop me.
                        And then there's old movies!!!!!!!!!!! Hoo-hah!

You told us in Rapallo about these cds. It's really amazing!!

I'm sure you're kidding -- did I seem bitter about the story? Did I say *I* didn't like that story? What I meant was that I didn't think READERS would like it. I was afraid people would think it was a boring travelogue.
                        I seem to have been wrong.

Yes, we were kidding, of course!! However, I never considered it like a boring travelogue. I remember I was studying humanities at high school when I read it the first time. I was completely involved in that story that I considered plausible your idea that Alexandria Library had been a similar destiny.
                        Marco Travaglini

Zangief
                        Ombronauta
                        PolliceSu   (1)

• Comunellista
                          • Mostra profilo
                        PolliceSu   (1)
                          Risposta #3416: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 01:26:39
                          Also... what is "stakanov"? Something good, I hope?
                          [size=14]I can confirm you it is. The italian term stacanovista comes from soviet coal miner Aleksej Grigor'evi[ch269] Stachanov, whose famous labour exploits (whether puffed by USSR's propaganda or not: as I think you know well, a myth is not concerned about mere real facts...) led to him being immortalized as a model for every worker that keeps doing his tasks until the end without rest, even disregarding his own health, no matter how much work he has to do. Definitely a good term - if the speaker doesn't point out to you the health part, but this is not the case. V simply thought the word existed in english with same meaning - so I suppose.[/size]
                          « Ultima modifica: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 01:31:48 da Zangief »

pkthebest
                          --
                          PolliceSu

PolliceSu
                            Risposta #3417: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 08:37:25

Yes, we were kidding, of course!! However, I never considered it like a boring travelogue. I remember I was studying humanities at high school when I read it the first time. I was completely involved in that story that I considered plausible your idea that Alexandria Library had been a similar destiny.

So was and did I! I was 21 when I first read it, and I must say I found it plausible too! Many compliments once more, Don!

Pure io! Avevo ventun'anni quando la lessi per la prima volta, e anch'io, devo dire, la trovai verosimile! Ancora complimentissimi, Don!

Brigitta MacBridge
                            Flagello dei mari
                            Moderatore
                            PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                            PolliceSu
                              Risposta #3418: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 10:03:25
                              V:
                              >>>>>Ero il ragazzo che ti chiese di firmare qualcosa dopo l'incontro ma tu mi dissi: "Scusa ma devo finire il mio lavoro". Ben fatto, sei un vero stakanov Don

Um... qui è dove la mia versione di "Charlie's Angels" mi è di aiuto. Solo per essere sicuro di capirti (e che chi legge non capisca male)... io ho detto che c'erano persone in attesa che io finissi i loro disegni al mio tavolo, ma che se venivi là con me avrei firmato TUTTI i tuoi libri, senza aspettare, ed avrei avuto un TAVOLO su cui appoggiarmi. Giusto??

Inoltre... cosa è "stakanov"? Qualcosa di buono, spero??

« Ultima modifica: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 10:53:56 da Brigitta_McBridge »

Brigitta MacBridge
                              Flagello dei mari
                              Moderatore
                              PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                              PolliceSu
                                Risposta #3419: Venerdì 22 Apr 2011, 10:12:02
                                Scrooge4:
                                >>>>> Anche tu hai reso la conversazione davvero piacevole. Personalmente sono sempre rimasto molto colpito dalla tua sconfinata cultura sul mondo del fumetto e della televisione. Adore parlare con le persone che condividono queste passioni..

Oh, non credo che sappia davvero che fanatico io sia di TV (almeno dei grandi anni dal 1955 al 1970). Mi sono vantato della mia raccolta registrata di persona di temi musicali dalla TV? È stato un grosso progetto di quando avevo fra i 20 e 25 anni. Alcuni annui fa li ho fatti trasferire da nastro a CD -- riempie 16 CD... circa  1,400 *diversi* temi TV dagli anni 1950-1970. Non darmi mai un bicchiere di vino e poi chiedermi di cantare quelli che preferisco. Non riusciresti più a fermarmi.
                                E poi ci sono i vecchi film!!!!!!!!!!! Hoo-hah!

>>>>>Sai una cosa? Prima che ti dessimo il premio, quando ci hai detto che I Guardiani della Biblioteca Perduta è, tra le tue storie, quella che meno ti piace, Paolo ed io ci siamo guardati negli occhi dicendo: "Andiamo subito a strappare quelle pagine da tutte le copie del libro!!".!!"

Sono sicuro che stai scherzando -- sono apparso aspro riguardo a quella storia? Ho detto che a *me* non piaceva? volevo dire che non pensavo che sarebbe piaciuta ai LETTORI. Avevo paura che la gente avrebbe pensato che fosse un noioso documentario di viaggio.
                                Pare che mi sbagliassi.

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                                In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                                Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)