Risposte a topic cui hai partecipato

Don Rosa

4921 · 378691

PolliceSu   (18)

• Mostra profilo
PolliceSu   (18)
    Re: Don Rosa
    Risposta #4035: Martedì 12 Feb 2013, 03:05:22
    When I was young I remember me watching L'Albero Azzurro (The Lightblue Tree), a children show (now it's not so good but the first seasons were very good for children...). Well, there was an actor (maybe from theatre), Carlo Rossi (his character name was Empirio). I'll show you down here in a youtube video. He is.. a clone of you, Don! Maybe you have a missing twin brother? :P

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMT2Dq1OVto[/media]
    « Ultima modifica: Martedì 12 Feb 2013, 03:09:21 da Marco »

Grrodon
    Flagello dei mari
    PolliceSu   (6)

• Potere e Potenza!
      • Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu   (6)
      Risposta #4036: Martedì 12 Feb 2013, 12:35:57
      Tutta una vita che passo a chiedermelo.

Maik
      Bassotto
      PolliceSu

• Novellino
        • Mostra profilo
      PolliceSu
        Risposta #4037: Giovedì 14 Feb 2013, 04:01:07
        Ok, first thing first - I'm so happy about the New of Mr. Rosa's visit in Poland in October and looking on reaction on facebook I'm not the only one :)

We all hope You will like it here a lot :)

Citazione
        I'd say he was more like 40 to have adult sons in 1880, so by 1947 he would be at least 107. And in "A Little Something Special" which took place in 1952, he would be at least 112. Amazing, isn't it?! It baffles science.

I always had a tiny problem with this one - Blackhearth being is such a great shape while technical being over a 100 years old... then agian I axpect plenty of duck stories by other artists that take place in modern times (2013 at this point) and yet Scrooge still clames he got his fortune when He was searching for gold during the great gold rush in Klondike which makes him 130 or something...

One thing that always made me wonder is the dates Scrooge mentioned in "A little something special" when he was hiting Blackhearth Beagle in the head. All the dates he say refrance the actuall stories exept for one... 1908, but since "Invader of the fort Duckburg" was set in 1902 and Scrooge mentiones that date as well I guess some Scrooge-Bealge clash happend at that point... Very  mysterious...

BTW -> I have a question Mr. Rosa - When Your on conventions and make drawings for the fans, how often people ask You to drawn character that You don't use in Your stories? (Fethry, Brigitta, Rockerduck, Goofy... or maybe even characters like Paperetta, Goldie's granddouther from Romano Scarpa stories or Lunchpad from DuckTales ) I wonder do You take the request like that and what where the most bizzare/obscure characters people ask You to drawn ;)

I'm sorry if I'm asking a question somebody ask already beafore but it's very hard to read every single post here...

Risposta #4038: Giovedì 14 Feb 2013, 05:52:12
          Tutta una vita che passo a chiedermelo.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVJ49NEH-y8[/media]
          « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 14 Feb 2013, 05:55:40 da Marco »

Vito
          Flagello dei mari
          PolliceSu   (3)

• Life is like a hurricane
            • Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu   (3)
            Risposta #4039: Giovedì 14 Feb 2013, 11:54:03
            Non l'ho capita.

Don Rosa
            Gran Mogol
            PolliceSu   (4)

• Novellino
              • Mostra profilo
            PolliceSu   (4)
              Risposta #4040: Giovedì 14 Feb 2013, 17:17:25
              Maik:
              >>>>>One thing that always made me wonder is the dates Scrooge mentioned in "A little something special" when he was hiting Blackhearth Beagle in the head. All the dates he say refrance the actuall stories exept for one... 1908, but since "Invader of the fort Duckburg" was set in 1902 and Scrooge mentiones that date as well I guess some Scrooge-Bealge clash happend at that point... Very  mysterious...

Yes, it is! Good question. I checked my original storyboard-script and those panels with the saucer-bike fight are not even there. I sometimes changed my own stories during the drawing stage.
              I guess I added 1908 to make a reference to another "Life of $crooge" meeting with the original Beagle Boys in the early-20th-Century. In my notes I had ideas for a story set in Africa with $crooge and Teddy Roosevelt during T.R.'s famous safari after his presidential terms, but that took place in 1909. However, another idea I had... and one involving an event that is all over the news today!... was set in Siberia in 1908 and involved the "Tunguska Event" when the asteroid exploded. It would involve Gyro's grandfather again, and maybe I had the idea to get the Beagles there to be more familiar faces. But I never tried to figure out any plot logistics. I think I eventually decided that there could be very little character involvement with a single giant explosion in the middle of a wilderness.

>>>>>>When Your on conventions and make drawings for the fans, how often people ask You to drawn character that You don't use in Your stories? (Fethry, Brigitta, Rockerduck, Goofy... or maybe even characters like Paperetta, Goldie's granddouther from Romano Scarpa stories or Lunchpad from DuckTales ) I wonder do You take the request like that and what where the most bizzare/obscure characters people ask You to drawn

At every signing I get asked to do a few unusual drawings. Sometimes it is a character that shows me the customer has no idea who I am (Mickey, Minnie, Lion King, etc.) and I tell them, sorry, I can't help them with that request.
              Other times it is an Italian Duck character, for whom I have much respect but no experience. I will always draw such a character if the customer can supply me with some small reference image. (You see some here on this forum, eh?)
              Yes, I also sometimes get asked by people who don't know what I do for a drawing of a "Ducktales" character. I think that was an excellent series, but NOT the "real thing", so I have no reason to try to draw the characters even if given a reference. I just decline and offer another idea.
              And other times the customer proves to me they are a GREAT fan and asks me for a character that I may have created but never looked back at in 20 years, and for which I embarrassingly also need a reference image. These include characters off the Family Tree or who appeared in one of the fan's favorite stories. And one of the best such requests I've had came just 2 weeks ago in Angouleme when a fan asked me for a drawing of the aborigine shaman in chapter 8 of the "Life of $crooge". That was fun! I was so pleased I did the drawing in full color.
              But none of those are truly "bizarre" requests... only perhaps sometimes "misdirected". The bizarre requests always come at the American conventions where few people know me or even know Disney comics. Someone might ask me for "Donald Duck as Wolverine" or "Daisy Duck as a vampire" or idiot ideas like that -- obviously I politely (I hope) tell them, no, I am there to do drawings for Donald Duck fans, not for Wolverine or vampire fans.
              But I recall years ago one person wanted $crooge holding a Bible. That I also declined to do -- these are secular characters, and I was suspicious of what that person might have been up to.

Risposta #4041: Giovedì 14 Feb 2013, 20:32:31
                Non l'ho capita.

Grrodon è quello a sinistra, io quello a destra.
                Ma in realtà è una cosa molto intima che solo io e Grrodon possiamo capire, del resto è S.Valentino.

Ah è anche il video di risposta alle possibili guerre future.
                « Ultima modifica: Giovedì 14 Feb 2013, 20:40:30 da Marco »

V
                Flagello dei mari
                PolliceSu

• Torino
                  • Mostra profilo
                PolliceSu
                  Risposta #4042: Sabato 16 Feb 2013, 01:34:37
                  From FB page: Hey everyone, some sad news today... all of Don's plans for the next seven to eight weeks need to CANCELLED. Totally out of the blue, almost exactly five years after the previous one, Don had yet ANOTHER retina detachment in the same eye and needed emergency surgery today. Everything's under control now, and he doesn't need to lie flat face down 24/7 like last time since only the upper part of the retina is affected but he's got a gas bubble in his eye to press the loosened retina back to where it belongs, and that will prevent him from ANY air travel for the next weeks! This means: The visit to Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle is definitely CANCELLED. It is also likely that Don won't be able to attend Planet ComiCon in Kansas City in April, but the final decision for this will be made later on, depending of the speed of Don's recovery. -- Jano

Be strong Don, we are with you!

Risposta #4043: Sabato 16 Feb 2013, 03:25:44
                    From FB page: Hey everyone, some sad news today... all of Don's plans for the next seven to eight weeks need to CANCELLED. Totally out of the blue, almost exactly five years after the previous one, Don had yet ANOTHER retina detachment in the same eye and needed emergency surgery today. Everything's under control now, and he doesn't need to lie flat face down 24/7 like last time since only the upper part of the retina is affected but he's got a gas bubble in his eye to press the loosened retina back to where it belongs, and that will prevent him from ANY air travel for the next weeks! This means: The visit to Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle is definitely CANCELLED. It is also likely that Don won't be able to attend Planet ComiCon in Kansas City in April, but the final decision for this will be made later on, depending of the speed of Don's recovery. -- Jano

Be strong Don, we are with you!

Get well soon, Don!!!

Maik
                    Bassotto
                    PolliceSu

• Novellino
                      • Mostra profilo
                    PolliceSu
                      Risposta #4044: Domenica 17 Feb 2013, 01:08:58
                       Don Rosa :

>>>>Other times it is an Italian Duck character, for whom I have much respect but no experience. I will always draw such a character if the customer can supply me with some small reference image. (You see some here on this forum, eh?)

To be honest as far the "Unusual characters drawin by Don Rosa for the fans" go I've only seen two pictures of Brigitta by You (Which by the way look great! If I didn't know better I would asume You drawn her all the time  :) )

Anyway thank You for the awnser :)

(I just hope nobody ever said "Thank You Mr. Disney!" as he was geting the drawing...  ;) )
                      « Ultima modifica: Domenica 17 Feb 2013, 01:19:26 da Maciek »

Simone McD
                      Gran Mogol
                      PolliceSu   (1)

• Ex Scrooge McD
                        • Mostra profilo
                      PolliceSu   (1)
                        Risposta #4045: Domenica 17 Feb 2013, 08:33:10
                        Hold on Don! :)
                        I hope everything's gonna be okay in a short time...
                        As "V" said, we're all with you!

Brigitta MacBridge
                        Flagello dei mari
                        Moderatore
                        PolliceSu

• Paperonuuuuccciooooo....
                          • Mostra profilo
                        PolliceSu
                          Risposta #4046: Domenica 17 Feb 2013, 20:22:15
                          Maik:
                          >>>>>Una cosa su cui mi sono sempre interrogato sono le date citate da Paperone in "Qualcosa di veramente speciale" mentre colpiva Nonno Bassotto in testa. Tutte le date che dice rispettano le storie eccetto una...  1908, ma dato che  "L'invasore di forte Paperopoli" era ambientata nel 1902 e Paperone cita anche quella data immagino ci sia stato un qualche scontro Paperone-Bassotti a quel punto... Molto misterioso...

Sì, lo è! Buona domanda. Ho controllato il mio storyboard-script originale e quelle vignette con la lotta con la bicicletta volante non ci sono neppure. A volte io cambiavo le mie storie durante il disegno.
                          Immagino di aver aggiunto 1908 per metterci un riferimento ad un altro incontro della vita di Paperone con gli originali Bassotti all'inizio del 20esimo secolo. Nei miei appunti avevo idee per una storia ambientata in Africa con Paperone e Teddy Roosevelt durante il famoso safari di T.R. dopo la sua presidenza, ma quel viaggio si svolse nel 1909. Comunque, un'altra idea che avevo.... e una che riguardava un evento di cui si parla nelle notizie adesso!... era ambientata in Siberia nel 1908 e riguardava l'"Evento di Tunguska", quando esplose l'asteroide. Avrebbe di nuovo coinvolto il nonno di Archimede, e forse avevo l'idea di metterci anche i Bassotti per avere delle facce familiari. Ma non ho mai provato di far funzionare la trama. Penso che alla fine devo aver deciso che  ci potesse essere poco coinvolgimento dei personaggi con una esplosione gigante nel mezzo del nulla.

>>>>>>Quando sei alle convention e fai disegni per i fan, quanto spesso capita che ti chiedano personaggi che non usi nelle tue storie? (Paperoga, Brigitta, Rockerduck, Pippo... o magari  anche personaggi come Paperetta, la nipotina di Doretta creata da Scarpa o Lunchpad dai DuckTales) Mi chiedo se accetti richieste di questo tipo e quali siano stati i personaggi più bizzarri e sconosciuti che ti chiedano di disegnare.

Ogni volta mi chiedono alcuni disegni insoliti. A volte è un personaggio che mi fa capire che il cliente non ha idea di chi io sia (Topolino, Minni, il Re Leone, ecc.) e allora gli dico, spiacente, non posso accontentarla per questa richiesta.
                          Altre volte è un personaggio papero italiano, per i quali ho molto rispetto ma non ho esperienza. Disegno sempre un personaggio di quel tipo se il cliente mi può fornire una immagine di riferimento. (Ne vedete qualcuna in questo forum, eh?)
                          Sì a volte persone che non so cosa io disegno mi chiedono personaggi della serie "Ducktales". Penso che fosse una serie eccellente, ma NON la "cosa vera", quindi non ho motivo per provare a disegnarne i personaggi anche se mi danno un riferimento. Mi limito a declinare e suggerire un'altra idea.
                          Altre volte il cliente dimostra di essere un GRANDE fan e mi chiede un personaggio che magari ho creato ma non ho più riconsiderato in 20 anni, per il quale pure ho, ed è imbarazzante, bisogno di una immagine di riferimento. Fra questi ci sono personaggi dell'albero genealogico o che sono apparsi in una delle storie preferite del fan. Una fra le migliori richieste di questo tipo l'ho avuta giusto due settimane fa ad Angouleme quando un fan mi ha chiesto un disegno dello sciamano aborigeno del capitolo 8 della $aga. È stato divertente! Mi ha fatto tanot piacere che gli ho fatto il disegno completamente a colori
                          Ma nessuna fra queste richieste è veramente "bizzarra"... solo, forse, a volte, "mal indirizzate". Le richieste bizzarre venogno sempre alle convention americane dove sono poche le persone che mi conoscono o conoscono i fumetti Disney. Alcuni mi chiedono "Paperino vestito da Wolverine" o "Paperina vampira" o idee idiote come queste -- ovviamente io gli dico erducatamente (spero) di no, che sono lì per far disegni per i fan dei paperi, non per i fan di Wolverine o dei vampiri.
                          Ma ricordo che anni fa una persona voleva Paperone con in mano una Bibbia. Anche quella mi rifiutai di farla -- sono personaggi laici, e avevo dei sposetti su cosa quella persona avesse in mente di farci.

P.S.: Get well soon from me too, Don!
                          I miei teSSSSori: http://tinyurl.com/a3ybupd

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi

Casey Coot
                          Bassotto
                          PolliceSu

• Nuovo arrivato
                            • Mostra profilo
                          PolliceSu
                            Risposta #4047: Martedì 19 Feb 2013, 18:00:15
                            Get well, Don!

Cornelius
                            Imperatore della Calidornia
                            PolliceSu

• Mais dire Mais
                              • Mostra profilo
                            PolliceSu
                              Risposta #4048: Mercoledì 20 Feb 2013, 14:17:57

Be strong and get well soon, Don! :)

Ranma11
                              Bassotto
                              PolliceSu

• Novellino
                                • Mostra profilo
                              PolliceSu
                                Risposta #4049: Domenica 24 Feb 2013, 18:55:34
                                Hello Don,my cousin Biagio that like a lot your comics and collect all Disney comics want ask some thing.Flintheart Glomgold is the second duck richest of the world?Wikipedia says that is same rich as oncle Scrooge... what do you think?
                                What is nationality of Flintheart Glomgold?Is South Africa?He work a lot as uncle Scrooge for make yor fortune? 8-)
                                Thank you very much!Biagio send big bye!

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                                In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                                Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)