Uomo Nuvola
PolliceSu

• Il terrore di Malachia!
    • Mostra profilo
PolliceSu
    Re: Don Rosa
    Risposta #1575: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 20:38:14
    pippotarzan nn è mica di Barks :P
    Nel tempo dell'inganno universale dire la verità è un atto rivoluzionario (G. Orwell)

Pacuvio
    Imperatore della Calidornia
    Moderatore
    PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu
      Risposta #1576: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 20:39:28
      la grande dinastia dei paperi (lo squalo morto che è "svenuto", l'elefante picchiettato, mi pare altri errori che ora non ricordo) e in più tutte le storie che appaioni su Classici, Grandi classici ecc... (pippotarzan mi pare era "modificato" a metà)
      Sì, ma da come l'hai detto tu pare che tutte le storie siano tradotte con i piedi, il che è falsissimo.

Citazione
      ma il mio era un discorso più in generale (e infatti ho scritto "alcune storie")
      Ma dove? :-?
      « Ultima modifica: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 20:40:58 da pacuvio »

Don Rosa
      Gran Mogol
      PolliceSu

• Novellino
        • Mostra profilo
      PolliceSu
        Risposta #1577: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 20:43:10
        sed:
        >>>>>i've search on Internet, but i have not understand: what means "Weird"?

It means BIZARRE. DISTURBING. VERY, VERY ODD.

>>>>>>there is something strange  in a story published on ZIO PAPERONE: what is the real end of  the chapter-bis "the Culebra Cut"? in Italy scrooge sold the teddy bear to the smithsonian institute for 2 milion dollars, but in the US version scrooge refuse to sold the toy for 10 milion dollars...what was your original idea?

My *original* idea was selling the Bear to show how valuable it was rather than the "worst deal" of his life. But then while still working on the art, I decided that he should keep it as an interesting trophy, and refusing an offer of $ would still show it was valuable. I also figured that a wealthy toy collector would offer more than the Smithsonian, so I increased the value. I immediately wrote and told Egmont that I wanted to change that ending, but I guess it was too late to get into their "official" script that they type up themselves. Often they would not pay attention to changes I wanted to make in my dialogue while I was drawing the story, and they would stick with my first draft even if I sent changes. And at that time I was told that even if there is a terrible error in their "official" script, they won't bother to change it. But thankfully, later I was able to correct MANY errors in my old scripts when they were redone for the HALL OF FAME books.

Gingerin_Rogers
        Diabolico Vendicatore
        PolliceSu

• Lurkatrice sfegatata
          • Mostra profilo
        PolliceSu
          Risposta #1578: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 20:47:41
          Per sed: guarda qui!

Francis Drake
          Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
          PolliceSu

• Barks-Donrosiano e Pikappico
            • Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu
            Risposta #1579: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 20:59:02
            Salve a tutti!
            Direi che avere qui il mio autore preferito è un buon motivo per passare da lettore ad utente attivo di questo forum! :D

e quindi, via con le domande:

Mr. Rosa, there are many things that I would ask to you, but I'll begin with one little doubt about... coloration.
            You said in your previous post "another beautiful time was when it was printed in ZIO PAPERONE because then it was colored and lettered so well (much better than in any Egmont comics)" but I've always toughth that the Italian colorations was... wrong.
            I have some American edition of your stories and the colors are totally different: the money bin in Italy is blue and red instead of metallic grey, Donald's car is red and blue instead of totally red, gladstone is blond instead to have white "hair"... and so on.
            So... I've always tought the canon was the American coloration (and the one of the Barks' marvellous paintings!) and I'm simply curious to know your point of view on this.

And, OK... I try, sorry for that! ^_^
            I know you've already answered one time on a similar question, but I'm very very very curious about your personal thought about HD&L's parents and their fate. In your works you have "canonized" many things of the ducks' universe that before were untouched by any other author. You have let us discover (and being upset!) by many important aspects of the ducks both in Lo$ and in your other works... so I hope you have an answer on that... that you really "know" even this part of the story.

And many thanks, Mr. Rosa, for all the enjoyable moment you've give us with your stories!

Paperinika
            Moderatore
            PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
            PolliceSu
              Risposta #1580: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 21:15:07
              I have some American edition of your stories and the colors are totally different: the money bin in Italy is blue and red instead of metallic grey, Donald's car is red and blue instead of totally red, gladstone is blond instead to have white "hair"... and so on.
              And how about the gold coins in $crooge's bin? ::)

Francis Drake
              Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
              PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
              PolliceSu
                Risposta #1581: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 21:55:45
                And how about the gold coins in $crooge's bin? ::)

Yes, another example!
                And this time there are also difference between the American comics (silver) and Barks' paintings (golden)
                Even if I read somewhere that if the coins were originally to be silver in Barks' ideas, because all the US coins are silver, he painted them like golden coins in the oil paintings to improve the visual effect of $crooge's money.

sed
                Papero del Mistero
                PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                PolliceSu
                  Risposta #1582: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 22:06:33

Yes, another example!
                  And this time there are also difference between the American comics (silver) and Barks' paintings (golden)
                  Even if I read somewhere that if the coins were originally to be silver in Barks' ideas, because all the US coins are silver, he painted them like golden coins in the oil paintings to improve the visual effect of $crooge's money.

and don't forget the TV : if i remember, Don Rosa want  that the television in his stories are in balck and white, because we are in the 40's-50's,...but the colourists never think about that , and now we have futuristic television of the 40's in colour  ;D

Don Rosa
                  Gran Mogol
                  PolliceSu

• Novellino
                    • Mostra profilo
                  PolliceSu
                    Risposta #1583: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 22:44:37
                    (Sir?) Francis Drake:
                    >>>>>  You said in your previous post "another beautiful time was when it was printed in ZIO PAPERONE because then it was colored and lettered so well (much better than in any Egmont comics)" but I've always toughth that the Italian colorations was... wrong.

I agree that the coloring is different from the original American colors, but that's not "wrong". You have a completely different Money Bin as well. But it looks right to you since that's how you've always seen it. I'm not happy seeing DD's red car with blue fenders (do they color cars like that in Italia? Not here!). And as for clothing, I am more bothered by Egmont's coloring of $crooge's outfit, giving him  a BLUE cane. Who has a blue cane?!?

>>>>>>So... I've always tought the canon was the American coloration (and the one of the Barks' marvellous paintings!) and I'm simply curious to know your point of view on this.

Naturally I think the best coloring is the American coloring I grew up with, only because that is what I know and it's the coloring on the original stories in their original editions by the original creating publisher, so it would be difficult to say it's "wrong". However, the coloring of things in Barks' later paintings does not count as those paintings were designed for a totally different purpose. More on that in a moment.
                    What I meant was that the Italian colorists and letterers take more time to do a proper job. They recognize that dramatic lighting and proper sound effects are the cinematography and the musical soundtrack of a comic, and that when these things are done properly the comic story can become 100-200% BETTER! Egmont's coloring is well-done, but is lifeless... adding nothing to the visual effect of a dark tomb lit by a single candle, with all the sound effects and background lettering done exactly the same as if by one child with a black marking pen. Egmont gives us CITIZEN KANE without the lighting effects or Herrmann's music, or STAR WARS without special effects or William's music. It's only when I see my stories used in Italia or America that I see the story presented as it should be, making much better than it was.
                    But as to "wrong" coloring, I have a question that's bugged me for years. Why does everyone in Italian comics have YELLOW shoes??? Who wears yellow shoes??? It's annoying to see all the dirt-crusted prospectors and roughneck lumberjacks and hard-bitten compunchers in my "Life of $crooge" stories in Italia editions all wearing BRIGHT YELLOW BOOTS. It's....... WEIRD!

>>>>>I know you've already answered one time on a similar question, but I'm very very very curious about your personal thought about HD&L's parents and their fate.

Um... I think I did already answer that exact question as completely as I can. You missed that? Did it not get translated?  

gongoro72
                    Pifferosauro Uranifago
                    PolliceSu

• ...la variegata verde...!!!
                      • Mostra profilo
                    PolliceSu
                      Risposta #1584: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 22:57:26
                      Um... I think I did already answer that exact question as completely as I can. You missed that? Did it not get translated?  

yes, it did...

http://www.papersera.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=2673/1500
                      « Ultima modifica: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 23:00:43 da gongoro72 »
                      temo che, per quanti sforzi possa fare, non potrò mai diventare famoso! - Paperino

Paperinika
                      Moderatore
                      PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                      PolliceSu
                        Risposta #1585: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 23:08:09
                        There are sequences in storyboard-scripts of other stories that were changed completely. Usually brief, but a few were pretty long. Most of those have been published in those Egmont Rosa HALL OF FAME books.
                        Do you mean that some sequences of your published stories have been changed, and so are different from your original plot? Or perhaps I've not understood?

But at least I had a Beagle Boy pick up a copy of a “DuckTales” magazine in one story, open it and think “Weird!”
                        I can see it, but I don't remember where! Can anyone recall me that story?

Vuoi dire che alcune sequenze delle tue storie pubblicate sono state cambiate, e sono perciò differenti dalla trama originale? O forse non ho ben capito?

Ricordo la scena, ma non ricordo dove. Qualcuno può indicarmi la storia?

Traduzione finita. ;)

ZioPaperone
                        --
                        PolliceSu

PolliceSu
                          Risposta #1586: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 23:10:26

But as to "wrong" coloring, I have a question that's bugged me for years. Why does everyone in Italian comics have YELLOW shoes??? Who wears yellow shoes??? It's annoying to see all the dirt-crusted prospectors and roughneck lumberjacks and hard-bitten compunchers in my "Life of $crooge" stories in Italia editions all wearing BRIGHT YELLOW BOOTS. It's....... WEIRD!

Well, I can't tell you anyting certain (maybe some expert on this forum can), but I'm reminded of something: in my grandpa's (and my father's ) times, men would have 3 kinds of shoes: black, brown and... yellow.
                          They were called this way: "yellow shoes" and were made of wildboar leather. Of course they weren't so bright yellow as they are in the comics, yet they were yellow in a way. And comics, especially in the past used very "simple" and bright colors.
                          Besides until when I was in the teens, Mickey Mouse (and the Beagle boys and all dog-nosed people) would wear yellow gloves. Also "yellow" kid gloves were very common in Italy some decades ago, i don't know about America.
                          Mickey and other characters have always worn white gloves in America. So i have a question for you: who, except waiters in luxuriuous restaurants, wears white gloves in America? :-?
                          (Hummm....Thinking it over, gloves are a bit weird in any case, aren't they?)

Beh non posso dirti niente di sicuro (forse qualche esperto sul forum può), ma mi ricordo una cosa: ai tempi di mio nonno (e anche di mio padre) gli uomini avevano 3 tipi di scarpe: nere, marroni e... gialle.
                          Venivano chiamate proprio così: scarpe gialle ed erano fatte di pelle di cinghiale. Ovviamente non erano di un giallo così brillante come nei fumetti, ma erano più o meno gialle. E i fumetti, specie una volta, usavano colori molto semplici e netti.
                          Inoltre finché ero ragazzo, Topolino (e i Bassotti e tutti quelli col naso da cane) indossavano guanti gialli. Anche i guanti di capretto gialli erano molto comuni in Italia decenni or sono, non so in America.
                          In America Topolino e altri hanno sempre indossato guanti bianchi. Allora avrei io una domanda per te: chi indossa i guanti bianchi in America, a parte i camerieri nei ristoranti di lusso? :-?
                          (uhmmm...a pensarci bene i guanti sono un po' strani comunque, no?)

« Ultima modifica: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 23:26:26 da ZioPaperone »

sed
                          Papero del Mistero
                          PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                          PolliceSu
                            Risposta #1587: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 23:25:13

I can see it, but I don't remember where! Can anyone recall me that story?

beagle boys vs money bin (bassotti contro deposito)...

una folle "storia da nerd" che solo don rosa poteva fare...la mappa è incredibile  ;D

a mad "nerd story" that only Don Rosa could do...the map is incredible  ;D
                            « Ultima modifica: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 23:26:06 da sed »

ZioPaperone
                            --
                            PolliceSu

PolliceSu
                              Risposta #1588: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 23:33:41

Francis Drake
                              Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
                              PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                              PolliceSu
                                Risposta #1589: Lunedì 10 Ago 2009, 23:36:44

yes, it did...

http://www.papersera.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=2673/1500

Sorry! I've completely missed it! Thanks anyway Mr Rosa, you have answered to the bigger question of my childhood!  ;D

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                                In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                                Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)